195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

2 hours ago, New_Hope said:

And yet you think that dinosaur of a manager is the right call?? Jeez....You can't make this shit up!

He is just a boring contradiction, his posts have been found out recently. Look at the Nyland thread

I'm not.

Allardyce is a much better fit than Pellegrini if you want to survive a dogfight.

I don't really have to keep bringing up why Allardyce would be great right now. His record speaks for itself.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He openly admitted Watford showed more desire.. how can you still be behind him when the players aren't playing for him anymore?

Because I don't think the hierarchy at villa will come up with anyone better. The guys who recruited Wesley as our only striker- give Smith a 4 year deal when we hovered just above RZ - those are the guys who choose the replacement - not you or I.

36 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Fair point but the same goes for Solskjaer at Man Utd, the fans know how much he loves the club and therefore give him more time because they know how much the club means to him and they trust him. We need to do the same with Smith and at least give him this season and a decent portion of next season to see how it goes. 

No relegation is a catastrophe for this club, he has 2 games I reckon. 

It doesnt help that he’s completely abandoned his philosophy of play, either that or they’re not getting through to them which is ultimately up to Dean and his staff to do so

The real question is what is the true ambition of our owners? If it is truly to compete at the highest levels then we would have an opportunity to attract a Pochettino, Benitez, Allegri etc. If any of those managers are Potentially interested We would be absolute idiots to not replace Smith and that’s regardless of whether we were comfortably in mid table.

If the owners ambition is more realistic then we have three options. The middle road of sticking with dean and not backing him in January would seem to guarantee relegation as there is not much evidence to suggest that he or we are adapting to the tactical requirements of the league.

This leaves us the gamble of a big Sam type or another untested manager or backing dean to the absolute hilt in January.

Unless we have a clear upgrade available and interested my gut tells me that our most realistic option is to back Dean and go big in bringing at least three experienced first team players in as quickly as possible in January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You said the exact same bollocks last season, got it all wrong. Care to reconsider? You can make it a seasonal thing for yourself. 

If the club had listened to fans like you we'd still be in the championship this season. Most likely without Grealish. 

I like how in one comment you talk about the "adult fan base", and then revert to petty one-upmanship in another.

37 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He openly admitted Watford showed more desire.. how can you still be behind him when the players aren't playing for him anymore?

One team showing more desire doesn't equal a team not playing for their manager ffs. 

17 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

No relegation is a catastrophe for this club, he has 2 games I reckon. 

It doesnt help that he’s completely abandoned his philosophy of play, either that or they’re not getting through to them which is ultimately up to Dean and his staff to do so

We would be stupid to sack a manager during a transfer window

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well the adult fan base has spoken. Smith to stay on. 

I believed this was a forum for ALL fans to express their opinions?

I like Dean Smith BUT

I'm tired of travelling and paying my hare earnt money  watching abdject displays from players who do not know where or what to do ! This is a coaching issue. Its be coming for a long time .

Smith stays we go down ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

One team showing more desire doesn't equal a team not playing for their manager ffs. 

It's been the case for months. We are getting outfought every week.

If Smith can't get them motivated we need to get in a man that can.

There are some seriously deluded people on here.

Poch ,Allegri ?Why not Klopp or Pep.They are not coming to Villa.

Allardyce is probably possible.So all those people critising bruceball will be happy.

Alladyce appointment would remind me of Sherwood a short term stopgap.

Our problem is not the manager...it’s the players.We have 4 premier league players and currently 2 of those are injured.

Good recruitment in January is what we should be concentrating on. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Andy Gray saw the light said:

Nuno, for god's sake! More chance of platting piss.

Know your place the arrogance is embarrassing

Ha, ha, ha......hungry are we nibble nibble

no arrogance at all.......any manager is up for grabs as is any player if the money is right....the only loyalty in football is the fans

i know my place.....and it would not be on a Wolves forum.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The real question is what is the true ambition of our owners? If it is truly to compete at the highest levels then we would have an opportunity to attract a Pochettino, Benitez, Allegri etc. If any of those managers are Potentially interested We would be absolute idiots to not replace Smith and that’s regardless of whether we were comfortably in mid table.

If the owners ambition is more realistic then we have three options. The middle road of sticking with dean and not backing him in January would seem to guarantee relegation as there is not much evidence to suggest that he or we are adapting to the tactical requirements of the league.

This leaves us the gamble of a big Sam type or another untested manager or backing dean to the absolute hilt in January.

Unless we have a clear upgrade available and interested my gut tells me that our most realistic option is to back Dean and go big in bringing at least three experienced first team players in as quickly as possible in January.

Exactly the above.

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would expect the standard mistake of Terry taking over, getting a few early results, being awarded the job permanently and then go on a 10 game losing streak. 

That indeed would be a dreadful mistake when you consider how Villa have been defending.

When you look at Allardyce's record it's actually quite impressive, did well with Bolton, saved Blackburn from relegation and in his next season took them to tenth in the premier league, got West Ham promtoed in his first season and then finished tenth with them in their first season back in the premier, saved both Palace and Sunderland from relegation in his short spells with them, and took Everton from the relegation zone and finshed eighth, even Newcastle when they sacked him they were eleventh in the premier.

Edited by useless

51 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

There are some seriously deluded people on here.

Poch ,Allegri ?Why not Klopp or Pep.They are not coming to Villa.

Allardyce is probably possible.So all those people critising bruceball will be happy.

Alladyce appointment would remind me of Sherwood a short term stopgap.

Our problem is not the manager...it’s the players.We have 4 premier league players and currently 2 of those are injured.

Good recruitment in January is what we should be concentrating on. 

who recruited the players so far,  would be a major concern for me ?

Who coaches the current crop of players we have , who picks the team . who gives them the pat on the back or a polite talking too when required.

Who organises the defence midfield  and attack  - who manages the cohesion of the team ,

who deploys tactics during he game ???

Sorry my friend the book will always stop with the manager.

You are correct we wont attract a big name manger , but giving DS more funds to recruit players again of the ilk he already has for a slap hazard gung ho strategy is not the way forward IMO.

Im not deluded the problem is 100% the manager!    

Â