• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Grealish
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 18)
    • Lansbury (Hourihane 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/19 at 23:59

Who wouldn't have taken 5 points off 5th place come December! Delighted we didn't lose as we all expected. Couldn't watch the final 15 minutes. Can now watch MOTD tonight! We're a striker away from being a really exciting, dangerous team. I thought the sub made sense as Lansbury has an eye for goal and we were already sitting and passing backwards more and more. Well done Villa.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jim said:

I’ll take a point.

Smiths lack of subs is mystifying though.

I  think, he thinks they are not good enough....so he resists for as long as he can.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Who wouldn't have taken 5 points off 5th place come December! Delighted we didn't lose as we all expected. Couldn't watch the final 15 minutes. Can now watch MOTD tonight! We're a striker away from being a really exciting, dangerous team. I thought the sub made sense as Lansbury has an eye for goal and we were already sitting and passing backwards more and more. Well done Villa.

I still think we need a DM with some presence.....I think the centre backs are too exposed on the oppositions counter.

amazing goal by Grealish.

The Mings goals shows VAR in all its sh***y glory, score a legit goal, and they dont even celebrate.......Mings just jogs away shrugging......

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

For what it's worth, I don't think this United side are as bad as people make out. 

I don't think they are ......Its just that when we are in the groove, with Jack rocking, we are a force.......we just can't sustain it.

We still have to strengthen.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

amazing goal by Grealish.

The Mings goals shows VAR in all its sh***y glory, score a legit goal, and they dont even celebrate.......Mings just jogs away shrugging......

I didn't even cheer. I honestly hate it, and I wish it had never been invented.

• Like 2

2 points dropped.

Super john McGinn needs to wash his Cape, he is ineffective in his current position. 

Wes for once actually tried, cant fault him for that, he isnt yet good enough but today he tried.

Voted fred today mom jack clearly was the best attacker but fred way ahead defensively.

Gutted for Anwar, he looked devastated 

Dean Smith is a proper coach. Today's match showed some steady progress - for long periods in the first half we dominated united as though we were at Villa Park. The team is overall getting better. I reckon pretty much all of our regular players have increased in value since Smith has been working with them. That is why the manager has been given a new deal.

Class goal by Grealish (and another ridiculous miss in front of goal - not his first!). Thought both full backs looked good. Wesley put in a shift, held the ball up well without really threatening their goal enough - I thought he was better.

You could see why Smith preferred AEG to Trez. We need another pacey option on the right who will get goals.

Towards the end we looked out on our feet again but we have learned some lessons and got the point. Some shocking set pieces which was disappointing with Hourihane on the pitch. Not sure why we keep trying the short corner routine but we do it really badly. New goal threat in January please!

• Like 4

Â