• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Grealish
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 18)
    • Lansbury (Hourihane 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/19 at 23:59

1 hour ago, TRO said:

.....and the opposition creep back in to the game.

We came from behind to secure a point, Away at Man U. 

Id imagine this comment would feel more at home on their fan site this evening ? 
😉

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Unfortunately that's a Smith team and I doubt it's gonna change.

Is this a veiled suggestion that we need to change the manager post ? First season back in the premier league, hammered by no one , learning week on week and just got an away point at Old Trafford but that’s not good enough we need instant success so let’s appoint someone new, there are a few managers around with premiership experience so let’s get one . Or we could be patient and give this manager a chance to develop what he has started ?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Did you not see mings after? Couple of high fives, shoulder shrug and a "dunno" 

That's no way to celebrate scoring a goal

To be fair I jumped up and celebrated, didn't for trezs 

Looked to be like he thought it was offside so he didn’t celebrate at all first off. Footballers will get better at timing their celebrations around VAR, just like cricketers have around DRS.

We still got the goal and the point it earned us!

Lead against Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd. We are scoring goals and don’t roll over despite dropping points late in games. This is a decent team that with a bit of sharpening up front could be a very decent outfit. Some of our interplay was very very good today, as good as any possession based side in the division for periods of play.

Mings was a bit sloppy again, but that aside was playing at a high standard. Targett was very good, and Grealish is now consistently playing at a level deserving of a call up and is amongst the very best in the division, for me he is the best midfielder in the PL at the moment.

New contract for him in the summer, he could double his money and would deserve it too. 

Should have won this today, but at least we got a result and it’s another good display, second half of the season should hopefully see us being more settled, confident and consistent.

• Like 2

Jack with the miss of his career. Has to score there. Mings trying to play out from the back is too risky. Needs to keep it much more simple. Love our wingbacks. Targett has a few goals in him. McGinn has been looking well of the pace. Is he hiding an injury? I think Lansbury is due a run out. Maybe rest McGinn for a game or two.

Solid away point. Leicester's comeback v Everton is big for us. Onward and upward. Have to sign a proven goal scorer in January.

UTV

Great point, bu it's frustrating how the team seems to lose all interest in keeping possession later in games.  Too many attempts to play the one incisive long ball, early crosses when nobody is in position in the box, hoofs from the keeper, counters that aren't leading to a chance where we try to force it rather than bring the ball back and try to build something.  It's one thing when we're hanging on for dear life against Spurs, Man City or Liverpool, but we had plenty of opportunity to keep the ball longer and play out from the back.  United had spells of pressure where a bit of possession would have been helpful, but they weren't all over us and we got the ball back on a number of occasions but just gave it back needlessly, not because we were being overrun.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, smg said:

Is this a veiled suggestion that we need to change the manager post ? First season back in the premier league, hammered by no one , learning week on week and just got an away point at Old Trafford but that’s not good enough we need instant success so let’s appoint someone new, there are a few managers around with premiership experience so let’s get one . Or we could be patient and give this manager a chance to develop what he has started ?

Same mistakes that's all, I get disappointed with that, an still waiting for the day he gets to grip with tightening up, better substitutions, stop the team dropping deep. Never said I wanted him changed, but need to learn quicker or sharpen up, too many points dropped.

No one will be happy if we get relegated, great manager or not, the squad is better than that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a great time, and if we snatched the win, it would have been perfect.

Only posted once during the match, as I was using my missus' phone. With my stubby fingers, it was taking me too much away from the game.

I cant understand the Manure love for Lingard. They do like him for some reason, but when he came on, he ran for about 100 metres, and decided to become a ghost for the rest of the match. They also moaned a lot about the ref, so that entitles him a Good rating from me.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Same mistakes that's all, I get disappointed with that, an still waiting for the day he gets to grip with tightening up, better substitutions, stop the team dropping deep. Never said I wanted him changed, but need to learn quicker or sharpen up, too many points dropped.

No one will be happy if we get relegated, great manager or not, the squad is better than that.

I think we are after the same thing but look at it differently, at the moment I can’t see us being relegated, the team is improving and learning , as he is, the squad is getting better because of the manager and his staff developing a process that will take time. We are new to the Premier league and getting established takes time.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, terrytini said:

We came from behind to secure a point, Away at Man U. 

Id imagine this comment would feel more at home on their fan site this evening ? 
😉

I was talking about after we scored.....all the reports were saying we was dominating the game and should have added to the score....in fact Chris waddle said united wasn't in the game.....We could have seen them off.

We do have a tendency to let teams back in very easily...is my gripe.

At least we got a point, which is an improvement on the Spurs and Arsenal games where we went ahead and couldn't hold on.

I don't go on their site, so no my post wouldn't be comfortable there.

I am happy with a point Terry, but when 3 are attainable, it can equally be disappointing.

If they went 2-0 up and dominated the game, and we got 2 goals back against the run of play....i may feel more like, we have done well.

I guess we all see things differently.

I guess when one player hogs the ratings, so over whelmingly.....a draw was remarkable.

but the question is...what were the rest doing?

Edited by TRO

Don't know why no one is talking about mings' goal. It was an amazing finish and great movement in the box to get in that position. And he is a centre back ffs!!

I also think like the poster earlier that man utd aren't the dumpster fire that everyone says. They have some very good players, but are just playing badly as a team at the moment. Controversially I was quite impressed by Fred for them. And martial, James and rashford are dangerous players. 

Dirty beggars however. The number of tactical fouls and yellow cards they picked up was infuriating. Jack must have invoked the most number of yellow cards this season

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Came from behind to secure a point.

Will it put to bed the fantasy that we are somehow mentally fragile ? Probably not...but, we are not.

Excellent performance but much more than that I loved - again - to see how the Coaching shone through.

After years of Managers who seem to do little other than pick players, we now, regularly, see evidence of a well coached, well drilled Team.

10/10 to Deano and his staff.

They came from behind too Terry.

I applaud your positivity, but i wonder, would it have been so positive, if Mings never scored....it probably, would have actually.

i was delighted when he pulled one back, before being dissappointed that we threw away the lead.

its interesting, how chris waddle commenting, with them 2-1 up said " it still does not negate that poor 1st half.....such are opinions.

you see Terry, we have come a long way.....but still some way to go, to comfortably secure a mid table position.

when one player so overwhelmingly secures man of the match, its great, but also worrying in the same breath..

However, I think we are improving in general. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Unfortunately that's a Smith team and I doubt it's gonna change.

I hope its just during development, because if its not, it will only take us so far.

you have to show a resilience to progress to an ambitious level.

The result today, did show a bit of that, but we do make hard work of it.

Â