• El Ghazi
    • Wesley
    • Grealish
    • Trézéguet (El Ghazi 18)
    • Lansbury (Hourihane 81)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/19 at 23:59

Against my better judgement, thought I’d put on SSN to see the post match report etc.

absolutely nothing about the game - however same Leicester report twice, bit on next weeks boxing, the F1 and even netball.... 

just read on BBC, the welsh afghan hound stating Grealish is too good for us and would jump at a chance to leave... its like he’s auditioning for talk sport!!! What a nobjockey 

Edited by theboyangel

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I didn't even cheer. I honestly hate it, and I wish it had never been invented.

I think the same, I hate it. But I do wonder if without it the linesman would have flagged... I thought Mings was miles off and maybe he would have thought better to play it safe and wait to see if VAR disallowed. With that and the Leicester winner today it’s the first time I’ve thought VAR did a good job!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think the same, I hate it. But I do wonder if without it the linesman would have flagged... I thought Mings was miles off and maybe he would have thought better to play it safe and wait to see if VAR disallowed. With that and the Leicester winner today it’s the first time I’ve thought VAR did a good job!

Good point, well made.

1 minute ago, villabromsgrove said:

I really enjoyed watching the match and think that a draw was a fair result.

I've just read every page of the match day thread and wish I hadn't.

This rating and reaction thread in contrast is a fair and balanced reflection of what I watched.

UTV!

I avoid them like the plague. Too emotional.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Came from behind to secure a point.

Will it put to bed the fantasy that we are somehow mentally fragile ? Probably not...but, we are not.

Excellent performance but much more than that I loved - again - to see how the Coaching shone through.

After years of Managers who seem to do little other than pick players, we now, regularly, see evidence of a well coached, well drilled Team.

10/10 to Deano and his staff.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

Our trend is so consistent.....we score and miss chances and the opposition creep back in to the game.

We clearly need to buy to stabilise the composure and the control of the game.

Our individual errors always seem to result in a goal too.

good point though and sad we have to keep relying on Jack.

Unfortunately that's a Smith team and I doubt it's gonna change.

13 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Immensely proud of the team today.  Yes, we could argue that it’s two points dropped, but the fight and character shown by us to a man was there for all to see.  

Those torrid few years the last time we were in the Premier League were painful.  I even disliked most of our squad back then.  Now I want to hug every single one of the latest group.  

The Grealish goal was a sublime finish.  The Mings goal was ruined by the VAR nonsense.   A point at Old Trafford is not bad result overall and gives us confidence going into the Chelsea game.  

Love this current group and we can only get better.  UTV

The Mings goal was checked on VAR and confirmed. Not clear in what sense it was “ruined”?

For those having a dig at Smith for his subs What other changes could he have made?  He bought on Lansbury and we looked weaker. He could have bought on  Nakamba but It would have made us sit deeper and invited them on even more. I get fans wanting him to make changes to suit the game but what options did he really have?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, TRO said:

Our trend is so consistent.....we score and miss chances and the opposition creep back in to the game.

We clearly need to buy to stabilise the composure and the control of the game.

Our individual errors always seem to result in a goal too.

good point though and sad we have to keep relying on Jack.

I don’t think we relied on Jack I thought it was a terrific team show. We only “ relied” on Jack the way other teams “ rely” on their star player.

As for the inconsistency. It exists, but if it didn’t we’d be a Top 4 side, and even they are inconsistent. 

I see very very few examples of Premier League games being “ controlled” by one side or another. Especially controlled by a promoted side.

I prefer to think our Coach knows this, and has set us up to make the most of those periods when we DO have control.

• Like 4

Encouraging. We had a great attitude from the beginning and weren't cowed. To be a bit disappointed not to win shows we are improving all the time. We are very much a side with no one to fear but our own mistakes. Onwards to the next game. Chelsea will be tough as they will be eager to make amends for their defeat but we can go there and go for it.

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The Mings goal was checked on VAR and confirmed. Not clear in what sense it was “ruined”?

Did you not see mings after? Couple of high fives, shoulder shrug and a "dunno" 

That's no way to celebrate scoring a goal

To be fair I jumped up and celebrated, didn't for trezs 

• Like 1

Â