January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

We have 5 center backs and 4 full backs, none of which are injured. What's the drama about here?

We are about to have 4 centre backs...and we play with 3 of em....and we aint exactly being lucky with injuries!

Do you see any potential problem?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

As you might imagine lots of rumours flying around on social media:

Lots suggesting Slimani is incoming, however Sky suggesting he is staying at Monaco.

Lots also suggesting we have bid for Bowen

it's happening ron paul GIF

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The board don't want Grealish gone, so if he wants out the end of the season it's gonna be 60 mil +. An I think we'll take this and invest.

Harry Maguire was 80mil. Just saying 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

We are about to have 4 centre backs...and we play with 3 of em....and we aint exactly being lucky with injuries!

Chester is going on loan isn't he? Loans can be recalled. I'd happily replace as I don't think he's PL quality

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What part of 2nd richest owners in UK did you miss. They see him as the crown jewel in bid to break into the top. He's not for sale. 

Seeing as you accusing me of having "a paddy" I would ask why you and some others on here are being complete bedwetters about our club's future?

I keep saying this to people, they are driving me up the wall.

They talk about it as if we are Bolton or Hull, and will let go of our crown Jewell without choice as we have reached our ceiling as a club and can't invest.

We stay up, all they will have to do is let him know our plans to push on to the next level, I don't think he will be in a hurry to leave his home, as well as more than. Likely getting a hefty pay rise and a chance of achieving certain ambitions with his boyhood club.

We stay up and I think we can get 1 or 2 more years out of him minimum. At 26 or 27 he still has ample time to do things.

If he leaves, it won't be for us having a lack of ambition, it will be him recieving a ridiculous offer from an Elite Club.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Tut tut.

Are you forgetting to factor in our right backs who can also play CB (and CM/CF, possibly even GK).

So really we will have 6 centre backs.

If we got desperate for another CB isnt Hutton still a free agent?

Sure jedinak would come back too.......

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What part of 2nd richest owners in UK did you miss. They see him as the crown jewel in bid to break into the top. He's not for sale. 

Seeing as you accusing me of having "a paddy" I would ask why you and some others on here are being complete bedwetters about our club's future?

All I have said is that I believe it will take a fair bit of time for us to break in to the Top 4, regardless of how rich our owners are, which actually is even less relevant now considering that FFP has to be factored in.

I'm struggling to understand why you are being so defensive just because we are not on the same page about the future of the club. I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm saying that I don't think it will happen as quickly as you do.

Anyway, I think this is one of those situations where we will just have to agree to disagree as we're going round in circles and I want to spend the rest of the transfer window moaning about not signing Benrahma.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

With 4 full backs in the squad,  one of either Elmo or Targett could play on the right or left of the back three should we get desperate. Then there's always 4-3-3. I see little point in getting attached to a formation because it's served us well for a time, if we had signed N'Zonzi, or McGinn was fit, I'd take that extra midfielder over a CB and play a 4-3-3.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

If we were to put him on the transfer list at £60m there would be a queue of clubs the length of the pitch at Villa Park with the cheque in their hand.

In my opinion if we wanted to sell him quickly we'd be looking at £90-100m and if we don't want to sell him then someone had best go looking for £140m behind the sofa. £60m doesn't get you anywhere near Jack Grealish in this market.

Was trying to be a bit PC. As a villa fan I would be expecting £100 million plus all day long.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

If we were to put him on the transfer list at £60m there would be a queue of clubs the length of the pitch at Villa Park with the cheque in their hand.

In my opinion if we wanted to sell him quickly we'd be looking at £90-100m and if we don't want to sell him then someone had best go looking for £140m behind the sofa. £60m doesn't get you anywhere near Jack Grealish in this market.

You can guarantee some tool of an owner would try to get him for that though.....

But I agree, hes worth 100m of anyone's money i reckon.

FWIW, I could absolutely see us staying up, Grealish captaining us to a cup win and him leaving in the summer having achieved his dream of winning something with Villa as captain.

I hope it doesn’t happen (well, the leaving bit...), but I could see that being a fairly likely scenario. Nothing negative about it - he’s a top class player and we’re not (currently) a top class team. 

• Like 3