January Transfers 2019/20

sne

20 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Better than what we've got though!!

Not really a great way to look at it though is it?

It should be "the best that we can get" not "better than what we've got"

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Not really a great way to look at it though is it?

It should be "the best that we can get" not "better than what we've got"

I didn't propose the players in the first place. As someone posted they would be better than the nothing that we have available at the moment.

There is no way we will get want we really want in a January window when we are where we are!

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I didn't propose the players in the first place. As someone posted they would be better than the nothing that we have available at the moment.

There is no way we will get want we really want in a January window when we are where we are!

To be honest I'm not sure spending £80m plus wages on 5 players who aren't good enough in January is better than nothing.

We'd probably still go down and have a shit load of wages being pissed up the wall.

Genuinely if you offered me those 5 or nothing I'd probably choose nothing (Or at least change it to just Piateck and Townsend who are the only two in the list who would contribute anything)

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be honest I'm not sure spending £80m plus wages on 5 players who aren't good enough in January is better than nothing.

We'd probably still go down and have a shit load of wages being pissed up the wall.

Genuinely if you offered me those 5 or nothing I'd probably choose nothing (Or at least change it to just Piateck and Townsend who are the only two in the list who would contribute anything)

We simply can't choose nothing. That is not an option. We have to stay up for all sorts of reasons we are all aware of.  The players mentioned may not be your taste

but we have to sign players or we will not survive

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

We simply can't choose nothing. That is not an option. We have to stay up for all sorts of reasons we are all aware of.  The players mentioned may not be your taste

but we have to sign players or we will not survive

I agree 100%

But we also can't piss a load of money up the wall on shite players just because they're better than nothing.

I'm better than nothing. But we shouldn't be signing me for £20m because I'm better than nothing.

We need to sign players who will contribute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree 100%

But we also can't piss a load of money up the wall on shite players just because they're better than nothing.

I'm better than nothing. But we shouldn't be signing me for £20m because I'm better than nothing.

We need to sign players who will contribute.

Totally agree, i don't think we're disagreeing with anything really, by the way are you a centre forward or a nippy winger?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes he was

He showed flashes, that's for sure, but it was only that last run of matches going to the cup final where he started linking up nicely with teammates. Under Lambert, he couldn't get a match at stages and he was dropped at the start of Sherwood's tenure, too. 

Check out the posts from April and March 2015 on his thread. Before that, he was all over the place: 

Ahh memories...

This was fun though: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-united-legend-keane-confront-8312303

Aston Villa boss has admitted that his former assistant went to the house of on-loan midfielder Tom Cleverley, as per recent reports.