January Transfers 2019/20

sne

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Just saw this on twitter.com...

Everyone seems to be guessing at who the guy with the 'man bun' might be, but guy on the right looks like Mitrovic to me... Although I'm pretty sure it isn't.

The one on the right is my postman’s, brother in law’s, half brother’s, best friend. The other one is a plumber who fitted my uncle’s mate’s new bathroom. I’m not sure if either can play up front, but the plumber will want an arm and leg wages wise if the new bathroom is anything to go by. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

time for the owners to do something , if we get relegated they could loose 100's of millions , and we might not even have a ground of our own. They need to do their best to stay up and worry about FFP later , they have gone very quiet

But haven't you heard, it's a project, we came up to early, an we don't mind going down as long as we come back up stronger with Smith.

28 minutes ago, useless said:

Just saw this on twitter.com...

Everyone seems to be guessing at who the guy with the 'man bun' might be, but guy on the right looks like Mitrovic to me... Although I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Hope we’re not signing mark bunn again, I know we’re short in GK department but it’s a no from me

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

What is the obsession that this chap is an agent or player? It’s probably someone doing web design. 

What happened these Romanian guys we were getting. The guy in the picture looks like a Romanian guy in my local car wash.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, sne said:

The man bun guy vaguely looks like a tiny version of Pablo Osvaldo (it's not him) and the other guy even more vaguely like Graziano Pellé (not him either)

Graziano Pelle is a decent shout though! Premier League experience and cheap. He's 34 but contract has less than a year to run. A cheeky punt of £3m (the Kodjia fee?) for a player with the experience of the league we are in on a 2 year deal?

Short term thing to try to keep us up? 

• Like 1

We need another central-midfielder, a winger, two strikers, and could probably do with a left-back and some might say a central defender as well. Yet we're only being linked to strikers, and not the most proven ones at that. Really hope there's a lot going on in the background.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

We need another central-midfielder, a winger, two strikers, and could probably do with a left-back and some might say a central defender as well. Yet we're only being linked to strikers, and not the most proven ones at that. Really hope there's a lot going on in the background.

I don't think it's feasible to expect to be able to get all these things in January.

49 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Graziano Pelle is a decent shout though! Premier League experience and cheap. He's 34 but contract has less than a year to run. A cheeky punt of £3m (the Kodjia fee?) for a player with the experience of the league we are in on a 2 year deal?

Short term thing to try to keep us up? 

Not for me. He was very hit and miss at Southampton, and those were his peak years! But signing a 34 year old on a 2 year deal and matching the ludicrous wages he's on in China is the most Aston Villa thing to do anyway.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Mitrovic really better than say Rondon?

I think they are different types of players so they are hard to compare. Rondon will run through a brick wall for the team but he won’t  score that many. Mitrovic will score goals but he relies on service, I think we’ll probably look abroad for a striker, no idea who though