January Transfers 2019/20

sne

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why shouldn’t he be classed as a signing? Barcelona obviously saw something in him

He's a development signing unless you think he's going to be a regular in the first team for next few months. The club insider said that was very very unlikely.

It's a bit like Oscar Borg a few years back. People were saying great signing with the potential he apparently had at West Ham. He never came close to playing for us. Now plays for Braintree.

Jacob Bedeau would be another. Paid nearly 1m for him. Now at Scunthorpe. Bree was more of a first team signing but his struggles also show how hard it is.

If we sign Louie Barry he's more likely to go out on loan first rather than play for us I'd say.

Edited by VillaChris

Aston Villa have made an approach for Islam Slimani

L’Équipe report that Algerian international Islam Slimani is questioning his future at AS Monaco after losing his place in the starting XI.

The 31-year-old’s agent Federico Pastorello risks being busy again this month, with Slimani having joined AS Monaco last summer on loan with an option to buy from Leicester City.

Now fired boss Leonardo Jardim had initiated the withdrawal of Slimani from the starting XI, switching to playing with just one man up top.

Robert Moreno has continued this trend, with Slimani coming on tonight in PSG’s 3-3 encounter with Monaco tonight, scoring the decisive equalising goal.

The Algerian international forward does not feel valued and clearly has a decision to make.

In recent hours, Premier League side Aston Villa have made an approach, as they look to replace Brazilian attacker Wesley, who recently did his ACL.

One to watch…

Get Football News France (GFNF)

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Grealish for £100m if we’re relegated ffs :crylaugh: 

Why would relegation deflate a player's value when he's already proven to be one of the outstanding talents in the Premiership? 

Imagine Smith going back to Brentford with we'll offer you 10m for Benrahma because he's a Championship player?

Brentford would certainly reply with that emoji you've posted.

• Like 1

Granted we won't be signing all of them, it'll be Slimani or Benteke (or neither of them) unless we wan't to buy one of them. And we hopefully won't be paying their salaries in full, but imagine if we ended up increasing our wage budget by something like £400k/w to get Drinkwater (£100k),  Reina (£110k), Slimani (£80k) and Benteke £110k).

Now that's some terrible value for money right there :D 

Desperate times I guess but it just reeks of a lack of planning and panic.

30 minutes ago, midian said:

Ive seen we are £2mil short for Piatek if it’s right just pay the £2mil and get him!

Clearly he's not as close to signing for Spurs as was claimed on Friday, was Mourinho asked about him in any of his interviews? Was on the bench for Milan on Saturday (as was Reina).

1 minute ago, striker said:

Why would relegation deflate a player's value when he's already proven to be one of the outstanding talents in the Premiership? 

Imagine Smith going back to Brentford with we'll offer you 10m for Benrahma because he's a Championship player?

Brentford would certainly reply with that emoji you've posted.

In this example wouldn't Brentford be relegated to League 1 before we offered the £10m?

2 hours ago, The Hawk said:

Obviously. Every man and his dog will be after him and even with all that demand he still won’t go for 100m in the championship. Even Ronaldo in his prime wouldn’t have, simply for the facts that he would want out + FFP would force our hand and we would lose a lot of bargaining power. 

In the premier league, completely different story and I’d be disappointed if we sold Jack for less than 100.

I disagree. FFP won’t be a factor. We won’t have to spend money on transfers this time and parachute payments, at least for the first year, will protect us from wages. We will only sell if the deal is right for us. The competition for his signature will drive the price up. I agree that the Championship will be a factor but only in the sense that Jack will want to leave. Our board know his value and they won’t sell us short.

Slimani is still on loan from Leicester isn't he? So Leicester would have to recall him before sending him on loan to us. And he would be our second premier league loan (alongside Drinkwater).

3 minutes ago, Wes said:

Slimani is still on loan from Leicester isn't he? So Leicester would have to recall him before sending him on loan to us. And he would be our second premier league loan (alongside Drinkwater).

It would have to be a permanent. He signed for them in 2016 so I assume he dosen't have much left on his deal.

He hasn't actually scored many premier league goals at Leicester or Newcastle so would be as big a gamble as bringing Benteke back.

Not many players will want to come to us following that shower of shit performance yesterday and dropping into the relegation zone.  With links to Benteke and Slimani, this is the level we are at in terms of recruitment. Our transfers are going to be gutter signings. 

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It would have to be a permanent. He signed for them in 2016 so I assume he dosen't have much left on his deal.

He hasn't actually scored many premier league goals at Leicester or Newcastle so would be as big a gamble as bringing Benteke back.

Ah makes sense. I imagine the fee would be reasonable considering age/length of contract left.

He didn't excel at Leicester for sure, but in January you're going to be really hard pressed to find a Striker who is in form for a reasonable fee. Slimani you could argue is having a good season (although has tailed off recently). Going to be hard pressed to find other, realistically attainable strikers at this point without a very high fee. We probably want to spread any budget we do have over multiple positions if we can too, rather than just up front (although that is obviously the priority).

Carew was signed from the South of France in January - didn't turn out too bad for us at all.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

1 year left with Leicester, according to Transfermarkt.

Monaco might have an option to buy on their loan deal thou. Read it is £8m but Leicester claiming it is more than that.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is this definitely the case?

I thought there was a 'Max 2 loans at any one time, and max 4 in a whole season' rule, but @omariqy said the max 2 loans was just for Prem to Prem loans.

We should be doing absolutely everything we can to get Nainggolan on loan from Inter.  He's back at Cagliari on loan who have lost 5 of their last 6 and slipping down the table.

We offer £5m for the loan and instantly get one of the best DMs in Europe.

Inter would get more money than they'd get from Cagliari and at 31, could do a loan to buy with 2 or 3 years after the loan has ended.

He's experienced, good and is a good football player guy.  He might quite like the challenge of the PL as well.  He's different and does unexpected things. 

I dunno if Cagliari have defo got him for the season, but why not try (if we haven't already). 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 3