January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Cracking dream but when you wake up you'll find that would cost £80m. Cracking dream though!!

do the board realise its going to cost loads to stay in the prem.....but it's usually worth the spend..................Just get edens to flog some more crap trainers to pay for the january splurge!

The adidas superstars I got from bangkok market for £12 only lasted 3 months. disgrace.

How about addidas drinkwater trackbacks?  limited edition sneakers exclusivly available to slimming world customers.

Or Adidas dean smiths - orange with pressure activated encroaching grey sides.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, sne said:

A "supreme poacher" who has not scored double figures since the 13/14 season :D 

Didn't say whether that was poaching goals or eggs.

Maybe with the bench time he has been taking courses and is now a master poacher.......eggs Benedict anyone?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Ever since Screwdriver went off the deep end he's become a far more enjoyable troll than villalad. 

He's always been much more fun. Not even really a troll because he's not actively pretending he serious, every post is a farce.

@villalad21 has no creativity in his trolling at all. He disappears whenever we win or play well. An obsessive Bluenose or wolves fan. Or Alex Bruce.

Hoping he'll give up if we pull off a miracle and stay up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, thunderball said:

A result like yesterday and the poor showings against Southampton and Watford have coloured the view.  The summer business was OK, given the task in hand: reduce the average age, reduce the wages. It was a success. The problem is the shoddy management for many years prior that left us with over the hill players or deadwood not good enough. We needed a lot of new faces. I think on the whole it has been OK if survival was the objective, but the problems have been two fold:

1. Not enough forward cover. Wes was a risk and unproven, and actually never going to score loads but I think they intended to get some one else in and it didn't materialise. The issue is also Kodjia who is on the payroll, but not giving a toss and being a waste of space, he is like another long term injury.

2. Injuries: This is the main thing, Heaton and McGinn are big misses to the senior reliable players and Wes, despite him being marmite, at least tried and was capable. Now we have lost the spine of the team. Add to that Davis and Mings being out for 3 weeks, and Targett being a little bit injury prone, its very bad.

Two months ago we looked like we just needed McGinn to rediscover his form and two extra forwards, our goal difference was OK considering Wes wasn't that prolific, but the injuries to key players is catastrophic.

This is where I'm at.

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's always been much more fun. Not even really a troll because he's not actively pretending he serious, every post is a farce.

@villalad21 has no creativity in his trolling at all. He disappears whenever we win or play well. An obsessive Bluenose or wolves fan. Or Alex Bruce.

we pulled off a miracle last season and he's still here

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's just sad fans like you exist.

I've been here since 2011. Through the good and the bad times.

This is a discussion forum where fans are allowed to express different opinions. You may not like me or my opinions and that's fine but can you stop mentioning me in your posts? I don't really see the point.

I'm not a troll. My opinions are honest. I don't believe in Smith, never have. But my love for Villa will never change.

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Oh i don't know, last year wasn't so bad!! lol

I enjoyed watching us play when we had Bertrand, Cleverley, Delph and Benteke in the team.

May be classified as a good moments but to me it was good times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pintpotvilla said:

Cracking dream but when you wake up you'll find that would cost £80m. Cracking dream though!!

£80m for 4 shit players and one questionable player.

Literally the worst idea I've heard all summer

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Okay, following @brummybloke's advice, I've done a Google search and found this list:

https://eurofootballrumours.com/top-50-best-tacklers-ranked-by-most-tackles-in-european-football-leagues-season-2019-20-29-10-2019-16246/

From my extensive analysis of this list, I can see we need to buy a chappy called Habib Maiga who is currently on loan at Metz. Can I be Director of Football now? While I was initially dubious of this method, I assume this is how one does it and I feel confident that I can lead this great club into a new era of Googleametrics.

You joke however fred gilbert was on the list of top interceptions and tackles, and surprise surprise hes our top tackler and interceptions.

You are either have that mentality to win the ball back or you dont, we have very very few players who do.

Smith has already said various times they work on transfers with stat base views.

I'm merely suggesting he look at tackles and interceptions, then narrow it down to who is able to also fit in.

• Like 4