January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Linky?

Need something to take my mind off Tom Cleverley.

https://areanapoli.it/calciomercato/esclusiva---callejon-e-llorente-sondati-dall-aston-villa-garcia-pitarch-in-contatto-con-gli-agenti_355819.html

Here's one, there's a few. Basically saying Callejon is out of contract in the summer and that €8-10m would get him and Llorente (35 next month!) wouldn't cost more than €2m.

Llorente is a decent player but he's never been prolific and he's over the hill. Callejon wouldn't be a bad signing.Napoli institution, scores and makes goals and would be an upgrade on what we have.

They would both be incredibly short term signings, the article points out that Callejòn shares Reina's agent and that agent is a long term contact of Pitarch's. Article also says that Pitarch is trawling Serie A for targets that could improve us. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Danishlad said:

I can see where you are coming from, but please Jedinak?? Elphick?? They are even further away from being good enough. Whelan too. 

I agree, but my point is that it would perhaps be better to spend more money on a couple of players of proven PL quality and then fill up the team with others who are not good enough, previous oldies or youngsters for example. As it is now we have 3 outfield players of genuine PL quality then a bunch who are below average or just promising. Should perhaps instead have spent our money to have 5-6 really good players and then fill up the rest with others already in the squad.

I'm a Napoli fan as well. I don't believe the Callejon link is solid, but it would be a lot more likely now than in recent years. I love him, if he were to come to Villa I'd be thrilled. As for Llorente, he's certainly better than anybody we currently have, but he'd be a backup/sub option. Wouldn't want to count on him for 90 minutes.

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, romavillan said:

https://areanapoli.it/calciomercato/esclusiva---callejon-e-llorente-sondati-dall-aston-villa-garcia-pitarch-in-contatto-con-

They would both be incredibly short term signings, the article points out that Callejòn shares Reina's agent and that agent is a long term contact of Pitarch's. Article also says that Pitarch is trawling Serie A for targets that could improve us. 

TBH, I don’t really care if they are short term. 16 games...that is all that matters now. If they come in and keep us up then never play for us again and get released on frees, I have no issue with that. We simply have to stay up and if it costs us £10M knee-jerk signings then so be it. We took our long-term approach in the Summer; hasn’t worked as well as we would have liked so change of approach is both required and absolutely essential if we are to survive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1