January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Italian press still saying we want Piatek as well as spuds ... Little chance of if happening I know 

https://sempremilan.com/sky-aston-villa-usurp-spurs-in-race-for-milan-striker-with-e30m-bid-the-players-stance

According to the latest reports from Sky Italia – as cited by Calciomercato.com – there are now two offers on the table for the 24-year-old, namely from Villa and Tottenham.

The north London club wants to loan him as cover for the injured Harry Kane but the Rossoneri do not intend to adhere to that formula, while the Midlands side have offered €30m outright – an acceptable figure – but the destination does not appeal.

• Thanks 2

Jose Callejon is probably our best link for weeks.

Joined Napoli in 2013 and he's played 250 games for them and contributed 60 odd goals. He's a wide player in a front 3 and Napoli have been a very good team in the period he's been there.

Llorente wouldn't be a terrible signing either. Good at Swansea, less so at Spurs but still had some decent games off the bench so would be a decent plan B option if we can get the crosses in.

Hope there is something in these links as that's the standard I was expecting this window.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

There is no chance we will get Piatek. I can't see us spending over 20 mil on a player when there is a good chance we could go down. Plus I can't see the lad being that happy to move to us either, he can do better. We will cobble together some loans and maybe a 5-10 mil signing tops.

Gregg Evans wrote in The Athletic today that the club has no plans to make any record signings this month, so this is likely all Milan or Piatek's agent using us to get Spurs more active.

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Gregg Evans wrote in The Athletic today that the club has no plans to make any record signings this month, so this is likely all Milan or Piatek's agent using us to get Spurs more active.

Quite possibly,  although Gregg Evans doesn’t have the inside track on all club dealings. He’ll be fed tidbits and will be allowed to break a signing about 10 seconds before the rest of the media. If anything he’ll be used to play down expectations to fans and selling clubs about what we are prepared to spend. I think the spending issue is likely to be restricted by clubs not being prepared to sell and/or players not wanting to join a club in relegation trouble than an unwillingness to spend.

5 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Yeah I take Evans as a pinch of salt on this because consistent rumours that we have tabled a bid for Piatek, we were after another 20+m forward late in the summer, the club would never tell a paper that because suddenly prices go up knowing we have money, the board don’t want to get relegated and finally we need a striker and 20m isn’t that much these days for a PL striker.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Jose Callejon is probably our best link for weeks.

Joined Napoli in 2013 and he's played 250 games for them and contributed 60 odd goals. He's a wide player in a front 3 and Napoli have been a very good team in the period he's been there.

Llorente wouldn't be a terrible signing either. Good at Swansea, less so at Spurs but still had some decent games off the bench so would be a decent plan B option if we can get the crosses in.

Hope there is something in these links as that's the standard I was expecting this window.

Callejon would be quality along with Piatek 

• Like 2

So basically because Gregg Evans doesn’t write for the Brum Fail anymore and has moved to a subscription based outlet what he says is now gospel ... OK ...??! 

I agree we are more than likely being used by Milan in regards to Piatek or we will have to basically bribe him via his wages to join us But don’t buy this now gregg Evans has the inside track and can’t be wrong .... 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Gregg Evans knows nothing. Whatever Villa are or are not planning, he is not aware of it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So basically because Gregg Evans doesn’t write for the Brum Fail anymore and has moved to a subscription based outlet what he says is now gospel ... OK ...??! 

I agree we are more than likely being used by Milan in regards to Piatek or we will have to basically bribe him via his wages to join us But don’t buy this now gregg Evans has the inside track and can’t be wrong .... 

I don't recall ever saying this was the case, was just sharing what I had read. 

Edited by VillaHatesMe

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

But they're not are they. The player has informed us he is not interested  in the move. File in dead

We can dream. Let's have a little fun before we end the window having only signed Pepe Reina and Glenn Murray.

• Sad 1