January Transfers 2019/20

sne

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Nah Nyland just has to play until steer is fully fit so under 10 games. I do think Nyland may have turned a corner but Reina is on so much money unless he took a massive haircut there is no way we are in for him. He isn't worth 100k a week and he hasn't played regularly for 2 seasons.

Are you suggesting we're trying to trim down his wages? It'll be a close shave if so

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Kodjia off for a medical at Forest apparently. Would explain his absence?

£3m apparently.

Would suggest we have someone lined up.... 

Yeah Scott Hogan 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

with the ammount of poles in birmingham you could easily add 10000 to the gate by signing a polish superstar. If the owners were as rich as they say they'd go all out and get lewandowski in on a six month loan. however he's always been to scared to come to the prem.

we need a non cup tied striker to come in and fire us to wembley.

we actually need four strikers just to give us a fighting chance. If one doesn't hit the ground running one of the others will.

Hopefully the men in white coats will be with you soon. 

Also where are these 10000 Polish fans going to sit? There are 8000 villa fans on a waiting list for seats. 

Edited by av1

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

with the ammount of poles in birmingham you could easily add 10000 to the gate by signing a polish superstar. If the owners were as rich as they say they'd go all out and get lewandowski in on a six month loan. however he's always been to scared to come to the prem.

we need a non cup tied striker to come in and fire us to wembley.

we actually need four strikers just to give us a fighting chance. If one doesn't hit the ground running one of the others will.

So many words here but none of it seems to add up to reality. Easily get 10,000 Polish people? We need four strikers now just to have a fighting chance? The owners are either rich  enough to persuade lewandowski to come in for a relegation battle on a six month loan or they're lying. 

3 minutes ago, useless said:

We signed Heaton at the start of the season for a reason, because Steer and Nyland were deemed not good enough, a few good games from Nyland shouldn't be enough to change that position. If the window closes and we haven't signed another goalkeeper what happens if Nyland makes a mistake that costs us a goal and loses his confidence suddenly we're back with the Nyland of last season and there's nothing we can do about it. Club are right to be targetting a goalkeeper, for very same reason they were right to have signed Heaton at beginning of the season.

No we signed Heaton because Kalinic wasn't good enough and you don't go out and spend money on a third choice keeper. Plus there have been questions regarding Steer and Nyland Fitness which Steer obviously answered by getting injured. 

31 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I don't know, but I'd hazard a guess that Levy will be going for a loan/delayed payment/silly offer as per usual.  If they are in need of cash, we might be a financially better deal and overall more attractive to the club, if not the player.

Oh absolutely, but in this day and age it's the players that call the shots more often than not. 

Just now, praisedmambo said:

So many words here but none of it seems to add up to reality. Easily get 10,000 Polish people? We need four strikers now just to have a fighting chance? The owners are either rich  enough to persuade lewandowski to come in for a relegation battle on a six month loan or they're lying. 

That was clearly a joke post. You could probably get a few thousand more attendees if we had the capacity for it which we do not but Piatek would be a very attractive player for many of the Poles around the country. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That was clearly a joke post. You could probably get a few thousand more attendees if we had the capacity for it which we do not but Piatek would be a very attractive player for many of the Poles around the country. 

Been directly quoted on a baggies forum though 😂😂🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

With 8000 people on a waiting list for season tickets ATM, I can already hear the cries of:

'these fecking poles, coming over here and taking our seats'

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

I press submit with 100% sincerity!

Really? Yet you think Lewandowski would leave Bayern for a 6 month loan with Villa?

It's no wonder people think villa fans are deluded. 

24 minutes ago, thunderball said:

FFS, I am 48, I am really not bothered, its a rumours thread, 95% will come to nothing but some take the sport of calling BS very seriously. I am just sharing what is new and out there to thise that dint read twitter. If it annoys you give ths thread a miss until February?

Thanks for your concern but it doesn’t annoy me. I was simply pointing out that your sources are nonsense for those that may think that you’ve stumbled onto some quality information from these clearly fake accounts. If people are gullible enough to believe these accounts then that’s theirs or your business. If you want to spread fake stories on this forum then surely I can be allowed to question them. Don’t be fooled by these ‘sources’. A broken clock is right twice a day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Piatek is only being linked to Tottenham because his name has been in the media the last few days, they're in a position to sign someone better. Whilst I think he'd be a good and exciting signing, I think some might be overrating him somewhat.

Piatek is linked with Tottenham because they have inquired about buying him.

46 minutes ago, useless said:

We signed Heaton at the start of the season for a reason, because Steer and Nyland were deemed not good enough, a few good games from Nyland shouldn't be enough to change that position. If the window closes and we haven't signed another goalkeeper what happens if Nyland makes a mistake that costs us a goal and loses his confidence suddenly we're back with the Nyland of last season and there's nothing we can do about it. Club are right to be targetting a goalkeeper, for very same reason they were right to have signed Heaton at beginning of the season.

Players can change.