January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Would not move Grealish from his current position on the left regardless of who we sign.

It gives us the flexibility of signing either a CM or a winger if you want to look at it that way. If Jack is now a winger, we probably need a starting CM.

I personally wouldn't mind a winger and Jack heading back to the middle, he'll be brilliant wherever.

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It gives us the flexibility of signing either a CM or a winger if you want to look at it that way. If Jack is now a winger, we probably need a starting CM.

I personally wouldn't mind a winger and Jack heading back to the middle, he'll be brilliant wherever.

Think an pacy and technical wide forward who can also play centrally is what we should try and find. Or the other way round.

Either that or a inside forward type like Brahim Diaz/Ödegaard or someone more realistic.

Edit: Benrahma might be said player, if he can play on the right and from what I've seen he goes both ways, giggity.

An extra LB as well.

Edited by sne

I think the reason grealish wasn't effective early on in the season is twofold. One he had Neil Taylor on his left so if he passed to the fullnack very little would happen. Two Mcginn was always very far to the right and in line with wesley so when grealish got the ball he couldn't pass across the pitch to our 2nd best player to take pressure off of himself. I think mcginn has been playing deeper the last few games and I think if we moved grealish back into the centre that should continue and grealish would be just as effective. Just we would have benrahma instead of hourihane. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Think an pacy and technical wide forward who can also play centrally is what we should try and find.

Either that or a inside forward type like Brahim Diaz/Ödegaard or someone more realistic.

An extra LB as well.

First priority for me is a striker.

Then a winger.

Third and unlikely is a left back yep.

I think if we get two players who can start we'll stay up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Have a feeling that will be our only signing during this window. Morelos I reckon.

Well his price just went up further after last night, apparently Palace had scouts at the game watching him. Man Utd & Spurs scouts were there also, not looking at Morelos specifically but must have noted his performance. Ran Pepe ragged, albeit he is 36 now but still one of the better defenders in Europe.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

First priority for me is a striker.

Then a winger.

Third and unlikely is a left back yep.

I think if we get two players who can start we'll stay up.

My first priority is a type of striker, we haven't got......One with pace, tenacity and positioning sense and can get in and out of the lines.

I would also like us to sign Jarrod Bowen if the fee was reasonable.

Edited by TRO

Would David Neres be unrealistic?

Impressed me last season but not playing much for Ajax this season in the big games (was on the bench v Chelsea).

Only 22, can play wide or centrally in the front 3 and Brazil still calling him up so hopefully Doug can have a word.

Edited by VillaChris

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would David Neres be unrealistic?

Impressed me last season but not playing much for Ajax this season in the big games (was on the bench v Chelsea).

Only 22, can play wide or centrally in the front 3 and Brazil still calling him up so hopefully Doug can have a word.

I could be entirely wrong, but watched neres a few times and didn't thinknje was amazing, good yes, but good in the Dutch league isn't difficult currently?

10 hours ago, TRO said:

My first priority is a type of striker, we haven't got......One with pace, tenacity and positioning sense and can get in and out of the lines.

I would also like us to sign Jarrod Bowen if the fee was reasonable.

Ironically i really think we need a maupay type player, at least then it gives us options, having 2 players similar to Wesley is much of the same.

Personally I think Wesley is doing fine considering all factors, but I do think a different type of player would give good balance and choice,

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

We certainly lack a plan B attacking option, some one to shake things up off the bench. Wesley and Davis are too similar and we could do with some outright pace and/or guile either up top or out wide, even if just as an option.

• Like 1

Need a little fast striker, one so quick he can leap out of no where for the pass behind the defence. I would say Maupay but he's been taken and we missed that chance, someone like Gelson Martins- Monaco, Kensuke Nagai- FC Tokyo 30 if not mistaken, bring him here for a few years, both are like lightning, would be nice but not so sure we could lure them, could be costly. Wonder if Preston would sell Tom Barkhuizen, he's got the juice in him.

No where am I saying we replace Wesley, I just think we need difference if we do bring another striker in. We need to show that we can change the game up and have different options on the pitch, especially when the opposition changes game plan.

Kensuke Nagai looks a battles on this vid:

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure what the fascination with Maupay is, he's scored fewer goals than Wesley and don't think he's made that much of a big impression at Brighton overall. There are plenty of other strikers we can go for.

He's all round play is better.

His link up play is superb.

Thought he was excellent against us. That through ball he gave to Connolly to make him through on goal were only a great save from Heaton away from being a goal.

That is something i just can't see Wesley doing. Wesley always takes such a long time on the ball. I would love Maupay to be honest, just what we need.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 2

On 24/10/2019 at 13:11, Tomaszk said:

Weird that Sisto story has appeared out of nowhere?

Maybe Celta Vigo trying to generate a bit of buzz with an eye on moving him on.

Benny McCarthy, Revivo, that Serbian midfielder last season think Radoja

Celta Vigo love name dropping us into fake transfer news

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I could be entirely wrong, but watched neres a few times and didn't thinknje was amazing, good yes, but good in the Dutch league isn't difficult currently?

He was really good in CL last season, fantastic movement, just finishing was a bit off v Spurs.

12 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Need a little fast striker, one so quick he can leap out of no where for the pass behind the defence. I would say Maupay but he's been taken and we missed that chance, someone like Gelson Martins- Monaco, Kensuke Nagai- FC Tokyo 30 if not mistaken, bring him here for a few years, both are like lightning, would be nice but not so sure we could lure them, could be costly. Wonder if Preston would sell Tom Barkhuizen, he's got the juice in him.

No where am I saying we replace Wesley, I just think we need difference if we do bring another striker in. We need to show that we can change the game up and have different options on the pitch, especially when the opposition changes game plan.

Kensuke Nagai looks a battles on this vid:

Wondering if we were in for Diatta from Celta Vigo to be that type of player?

He is lightning as well.

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Another 2 goals for Bowen today, didn't even realise he was up to 8 already. I'd go for him. 

Was about to come post the same. think he'd be right up there with what we need. Go for him — plus he's in the last year of his deal iirc 

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

Was about to come post the same. think he'd be right up there with what we need. Go for him — plus he's in the last year of his deal iirc 

I'd be up for that, also offer them Davis on loan in January for rest of the season and think that would be good for all parties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1