January Transfers 2019/20

sne

14 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

He's a really tidy player and deceptively pacy too.

But do I remember @Villan4Life saying he had an issue with the beer? Or did I dream that?

No wasn’t me saying he had issue  regarding beer. Must have been someone else who said it.

i rate Bowen highly. 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

He's a really tidy player and deceptively pacy too.

But do I remember @Villan4Life saying he had an issue with the beer? Or did I dream that?

He seems to have an appetite for scoring like Vardy,shows hunger......reads the game well too.

very consistent lad.

Edited by TRO

Hopefully we look in The he future at Dutch 18 year old right back Jeremie Frimpong (Celtic) he signed from Manchester City only in September he has really impressed me .

He scored last weekend for  Celtic vs Aberdeen in 4-0 away win and also assisted James  Forrest with the third goal too.

Would provide ideal competition for Guillbert at right back. Very exciting youngster.

Edited by Villan4Life

• 2 weeks later...

I think we need a new central midfielder. A energy guy who has some skill and can help us keep the ball. Van De Beek from ajax would be the ideal player. He is also big enough that he could strengthen our midfield in the air which we are currently very weak at. He would obviously cost us a pretty penny somewhere in the region of 30-40million. However he has so much potential and I think a midfield of nakamba, el ghazi, mcginn, van De Beek and grealish would be very dangerous.

I still think we need a quick winger/forward who can play outwide or centrally which would probably also cost us in the region of 30 million as well but that would fixost of the issues I think we have and van De Beek could also be an insurance policy for grealish. 

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think we need a new central midfielder. A energy guy who has some skill and can help us keep the ball. Van De Beek from ajax would be the ideal player. He is also big enough that he could strengthen our midfield in the air which we are currently very weak at. He would obviously cost us a pretty penny somewhere in the region of 30-40million. However he has so much potential and I think a midfield of nakamba, el ghazi, mcginn, van De Beek and grealish would be very dangerous.

I still think we need a quick winger/forward who can play outwide or centrally which would probably also cost us in the region of 30 million as well but that would fixost of the issues I think we have and van De Beek could also be an insurance policy for grealish. 

He'd probably cost close to twice that tbh, and we'd have to beat Real Madrid for his signature.

• Like 1

I still think Eze would be ideal, having him in the squad would mean we wouldn't miss Grealish as much as he's a very similar player, and he can also play as a winger as well. A signing that would solve several issues at once.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sne said:

He'd probably cost close to twice that tbh, and we'd have to beat Real Madrid for his signature.

Either way he's an ideal player for us and I would like someone in a similar mold. What about that berge fellow who plays for genk, 6'5 seems quite fast and reasonably skillful and is only 21.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Either way he's an ideal player for us and I would like someone in a similar mold. What about that berge fellow who plays for genk, 6'5 seems quite fast and reasonably skillful and is only 21.

Sander Berge is a much more realistic target and a very exciting talent. But I don't think we'll spend big on another central midfielder in January (unless Manure buys McGinn)

Not really a similar player to van Der Beek thou

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Sander Berge is a much more realistic target and a very exciting talent. But I don't think we'll spend big on another central midfielder in January (unless Manure buys McGinn)

Not really a similar player to van Der Beek thou

He is definitely a lot more defensively minded but I meant more like an energy guy who is competent on the ball. For a player within our price range you would definitely have to trade off between defensive and offensive ability in a midfielder and in this case adding another big man when defending or attacking set pieces is certainly a side benefit. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I still think Eze would be ideal, having him in the squad would mean we wouldn't miss Grealish as much as he's a very similar player, and he can also play as a winger as well. A signing that would solve several issues at once.

Good shout that is, whether he’d come here is another issue, I’d take him though, very talented player 

On 26/10/2019 at 09:45, Farlz said:

Another 2 goals for Bowen today, didn't even realise he was up to 8 already. I'd go for him. 

I think a few Premier League will be in for Bowen this January. He has shown that he can consistently score at the Championship level.

I would love to see Leicester go for him as a back up for Vardy.