January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

More likely Lallana. On a sidenote I followed the Villa-Liverpool game on twitter last Saturday. The bile and hatred LFC fans have for their own players is astounding - particularly Henderson and Lallana. It was far worse than any other team's twitter feed I've followed. It was far worse than anything Villa fans had for their own side in our relegation season. I'd hate to see it if they actually lost a game....

because most fans just want the eye candy......They don't notice the hard work of the grafters in the middle, they just take that as a given, until they are out of the team and suddenly see their worth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Definitely agree our midfield gets exhausted and run off the pitch by 60 minutes especially mcginn. I also think we need to look at a 6'0+ midfielder who can win aerial balls and bully lads. 

absolutely spot on.

John McGinn is struggling because we are using him wrong and he is missing Jack.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Definitely agree our midfield gets exhausted and run off the pitch by 60 minutes especially mcginn. I also think we need to look at a 6'0+ midfielder who can win aerial balls and bully lads. 

Is that Nakamba’s job? To win aerial balls and bully lads, I think that’s exactly why he was brought in 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

absolutely spot on.

John McGinn is struggling because we are using him wrong and he is missing Jack.

It worked in The Championship, Premier League is a different kettle of fish. Both McGinn and Grealish are easily Premier League players in my opinion. We aren’t utilising them properly and getting the best out of them, hence why results aren’t going our way at this moment in time. They are at their best when they link up and get close to each other high up the pitch. They are so important to how we play

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is that Nakamba’s job? To win aerial balls and bully lads, I think that’s exactly why he was brought in 

do you think he is?

personally, I don't see anyone bullying the opposition or winning aerial balls outside the centre backs.

I see him get his foot in and breaking up play....but not the other bit you mentioned.

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

do you think he is?

personally, I don't see anyone bullying the opposition or winning aerial balls outside the centre backs.

I see him get his foot in and breaking up play....but not the other bit you mentioned.

No, he doesn’t have the stature, he hustles and harries and can play simple 5-10 yard passes but can’t do anything else that requires technical ability 

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

do you think he is?

Edit- double post 

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, TRO said:

absolutely spot on.

Nah that's not a must. We're not coached by Sam Allerdyce. 

We can compete with our current central midfield, but we really lack quality in terms of delivery from the wings and in front of goal. 

Lets not create problems that doesn't exist. 

Fwiw I think McGinn has beem rather good this season. Which is why he's continously linked to Man Utd. He might not tear it up like last year, and he might have poor matches now and then, but saying he's been poor or struggling is way off. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No, he doesn’t have the stature, he hustles and harries and can play simple 5-10 yard passes but can’t do anything else that requires technical ability 

I think for that role its a big advantage.

Jamie Vardy and Mark Noble proved you don't have to be beast, but if you're not, you have to show desire and intensity to scrap and make up for it.

I am not sure about Nakamba, jury is still out.

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nah that's not a must. We're not coached by Sam Allerdyce. 

We can compete with our current central midfield, but we really lack quality in terms of delivery from the wings and in front of goal. 

Lets not create problems that doesn't exist. 

Fwiw I think McGinn has beem rather good this season. Which is why he's continously linked to Man Utd. He might not tear it up like last year, and he might have poor matches now and then, but saying he's been poor or struggling is way off. 

The reason we are struggling because we need better link up play in midfield. You don't just want a big lump who's only attribute is his size. You won't one who can run for days and is good enough on the ball that it means if a defender comes near them they are just as likely to hold them off as to skin them or play a lovely 1-2.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think for that role its a big advantage.

Jamie Vardy and Mark Noble proved you don't have to be beast, but if you're not, you have to show desire and intensity to scrap and make up for it.

I am not sure about Nakamba, jury is still out.

I think you are correct, from what I’ve seen of Nakamba so far, I think he will go on to be a success, he has all the attributes apart from size but it doesn’t hinder N’Golo Kante 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The reason we are struggling because we need better link up play in midfield. You don't just want a big lump who's only attribute is his size. You won't one who can run for days and is good enough on the ball that it means if a defender comes near them they are just as likely to hold them off as to skin them or play a lovely 1-2.

We aren't struggling to create at all. We create plenty.  We just need better delivery and finishing and we are where we wanna be. 

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We aren't struggling to create at all. We create plenty.  We just need better delivery and finishing and we are where we wanna be. 

Disagree. Our build up play is very poor. This leaves us very vulnerable to losing the ball in the middle of the park which gives high quality chances to the opposition. Once we do get there we can create a lot of chances but against quality opposition like City, Liverpool and Leicester we will struggle to get out from our own box as it is. 

On 12/11/2019 at 15:38, El-Reacho said:

More likely Lallana. On a sidenote I followed the Villa-Liverpool game on twitter last Saturday. The bile and hatred LFC fans have for their own players is astounding - particularly Henderson and Lallana. It was far worse than any other team's twitter feed I've followed. It was far worse than anything Villa fans had for their own side in our relegation season. I'd hate to see it if they actually lost a game....

It’s because Liverpool have the worst “fans” in the land.

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ha, I wouldn’t go that far Kenji, but I think he’s been one of our better signings for sure 👍🏻

A reported £11m for him was a bargain, if he was playing in this country before we bought him, he would’ve cost about £30m

20 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Disagree.

Stats put us 12th for 'big chances'. God knows how they measure these things, but I'd expect us to be even higher in the list than 12th overall chances as we do have so many that break down or turn into half chances.

Taking into account the team is very much still gelling together, I think this is OK. It's only the fact we're conceding too many as our balance isn't quite there.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Stats put us 12th for 'big chances'. God knows how they measure these things, but I'd expect us to be even higher in the list than 12th overall chances as we do have so many that break down or turn into half chances.

Taking into account the team is very much still gelling together, I think this is OK. It's only the fact we're conceding too many as our balance isn't quite there.

Yeah but you can't get big chances if you can't get the ball in position to create them. I think it is due to the fact that we make sloppy mistakes in the middle of the park (helps us concede them as well) but @KenjiOgiwara thinks that it is because we lack the final ball. 

Edited by MotoMkali