January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Palace linked with Morelos now and Newcastle linked to that young Nigerien striker  Victor Osimhen who is tearing it up at Lille in Ligue 1.

Both have been mentioned here but Osimhen only just moved in the summer for big money so seem unlikely to move again unless Lille want to make a quick buck.

Osimhen do look like a very interesting player and I'm sure many of us would have suggested him before finding out he was a new signing for them.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I loved the quote from Smith about January about Suso having his team of scouts out watching games all over the place ahead of January.

So different to years past, we can actually have some confidence in this aspect of the club and that come January and the summer we will be prepared. It also feels like Smith has confidence in Suso which is hugely important.

I can’t wait for January to see what we do, I don’t expect a lot especially after the summer but I think we will add at least one player to the first team squad. 

Then if we can stay up I think the summer will be about 2 or 3 higher cost quality players.

So refreshing to be able to trust the transfer business of the club after 10-15 years of frankly terrible decisions.

To be fair, in hindsight was Paddy Reilly really that bad when you think of how a lot of the players have done well elsewhere? Having a head coach like Smith is the bigger difference. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sne said:

Palace linked with Morelos now and Newcastle linked to that young Nigerien striker  Victor Osimhen who is tearing it up at Lille in Ligue 1.

Both have been mentioned here but Osimhen only just moved in the summer for big money so seem unlikely to move again unless Lille want to make a quick buck.

Osimhen do look like a very interesting player and I'm sure many of us would have suggested him before finding out he was a new signing for them.

Actually saw Palace linked with Oliver Giroud this morning. Guess he'll want to stay in London but that would be great pick up for us on six month loan. He's barely getting any minutes for Chelsea so would imagine he'd leave in January anyway.

5 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Young Eberechi Eze is having a great start to the season at QPR 6 goals and 2 assists in 12 starts, 90% pass success. Kind of young player I hope our scouts are keeping an eye on. 

I'm amazed more aren't being linked to him. He reminds me so much of Grealish in how he can pick up the ball, dribble and it leads to something.

Would be smart pick up and QPR still paying off their FFP fine so they wouldn't demand stupid money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually saw Palace linked with Oliver Giroud this morning. Guess he'll want to stay in London but that would be great pick up for us on six month loan. He's barely getting any minutes for Chelsea so would imagine he'd leave in January anyway.

Yeah, when pushing for a top half finish Benteke and Ayew probably won't be enough firepower this season.

With the system we now have in place with Suso and his scouts I'm confident even if I've never really heard of the player absolute due diligence will have gone into the recruitment everything from ability to attitude will have been looked at and it will have the stamp of approval at both DOF and head coach level.

I also think they will be looking and planning for both scenarios in staying up and the possibility of going down, I can only realistically see an attacking playing joining us in January.

However should we stay up I can see another bit of a clear out in the summer with Chester and Kodjia released and Taylor,  Almo,  Henri,  Jota and Hogan going if offers come in for them. So replacements will be needed!!

Hope our scouts in Spain are having a look at Loren Moron at Betis only 25 has worked his way up through the Spanish leagues and doing well in a shite team brilliant finisher, could be one for the summer depending on how his season pans out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Hope our scouts in Spain are having a look at Loren Moron at Betis only 25 has worked his way up through the Spanish leagues and doing well in a shite team brilliant finisher, could be one for the summer depending on how his season pans out.

Valued at £70m and linked with Barcelona to replace Suarez...

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Valued at £70m and linked with Barcelona to replace Suarez...

So you're saying there is a chance?

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair, in hindsight was Paddy Reilly really that bad when you think of how a lot of the players have done well elsewhere? Having a head coach like Smith is the bigger difference. 

I said it at the time about Reilly, he had a good record pre Villa and did okay at Villa. He found good players the problem was it was the wrong approach at the wrong time and with the wrong manager. Really was never the problem.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

That won’t happen, just isn’t our way of doing things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

I’ve heard he’s not the brightest fella. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

In any other Villa team I'd say yes but he just doesn't fit in with the current philosophy of young hungry players................absolute class though!

5 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Sorry but load of bollocks!! Valued at 15 mil and never linked to Barcelona.

I gather you don't read the Spanish paper Marca?

Not that they are any different from other papers in posting rumors to get clicks.

Fwiw as far as I've seen his buy out clause is £40m and not £70m...

1 minute ago, sne said:

I gather you don't read the Spanish paper Marca?

Not that they are any different from other papers in posting rumors to get clicks.

Fwiw as far as I've seen his buy out clause is £40m and not £70m...

As I edited my post paper talk Barca don't tend to buy players that worked there way up through the leagues, surprised you think they would. Where did you get the info on a buy out clause?

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

As I edited my post paper talk Barca don't tend to buy players that worked there way up through the leagues, surprised you think they would. Where did you get the info on a buy out clause?

The Internet :D 

He extended his contract last year and increased his buy out clause from £25m to £40m or rather Euros but same same.

Not that's I'm and expert on the subject but I've followed Real Betis for more than 25 years...