January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Does anyone think that we could get Callum Wilson from Bournemouth? He would take some of the burden from Wesley, Wilson would come straight in to our first xi and improve us in my opinion, although there would be a lot of competition for him

He's their top scorer so far, only 27 years old too. Bournemouth wouldn't sell him to us unless for big money and he wouldn't want to come us anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

How would we, in our current situation be in any way a more attractive proposition than staying in Bournemouth?

He’s from Coventry originally, so it would be his home, he’s a natural goalscorer. It would be like us signing Darren Bent all over again, except he’d keep us up and then go on to bigger things with us

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s from Coventry originally, so it would be his home, he’s a natural goalscorer. It would be like us signing Darren Bent all over again, except he’d keep us up and then go on to bigger things with us

He’s currently an England international so would probably cost £70m+ in today’s market. Plus if he is a Coventry fan (I’ve no idea if he is or isn’t) he probably hates Villa 

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s currently an England international so would probably cost £70m+ in today’s market. Plus if he is a Coventry fan (I’ve no idea if he is or isn’t) he probably hates Villa 

He wouldn’t cost anywhere near that amount, £30m tops. I don’t know who he supports, I’m ashamed that I don’t

32 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He wouldn’t cost anywhere near that amount, £30m tops. I don’t know who he supports, I’m ashamed that I don’t

In my opinion josh King is the better of their 2 strikers. He doesn't get quite as many goals but I think he does more overall towards contributing to their game plus Wilson takes penalties so his goal tally is a little inflated. 

On 12/11/2019 at 13:29, sne said:

Depending on which source they are either in for him or it's all bull.

James Pearce, the guy covering Plop for The Athletic is claiming it is nothing in it. 

Who knows.

He is the main credible source for Liverpool news

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

In my opinion josh King is the better of their 2 strikers. He doesn't get quite as many goals but I think he does more overall towards contributing to their game plus Wilson takes penalties so his goal tally is a little inflated. 

I think Wilson is far superior and he is English, his all round game is great, a goal is a goal, penalty or not

55 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We paid £22m to Bournemouth for their reserve defender, and you think their top goal scorer who is now in the England squad would be only £8m more? There is always a premium for English players. The markets have gone up the last few years. Look at the striker transfers this summer as an example. Wilson would be prices out of any move at this time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Does anyone think that we could get Callum Wilson from Bournemouth? He would take some of the burden from Wesley, Wilson would come straight in to our first xi and improve us in my opinion, although there would be a lot of competition for him

Didnt Chelsea have a 50/60 million bid rejected in January

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

We paid £22m to Bournemouth for their reserve defender, and you think their top goal scorer who is now in the England squad would be only £8m more? There is always a premium for English players. The markets have gone up the last few years. Look at the striker transfers this summer as an example. Wilson would be prices out of any move at this time

£20m rising to £25m for Mings, wasn’t it? According to wiki it was anyway, Wilson would be my number one target anyway, the best striker we could realistically get in my opinion 

Wilson has only scored one more goal than Wesley having played more minutes, and also has the benefit of knowing this country, the league, and having played with his teammates for a few seasons now. He's was being linked with a £50m move to Chelsea in the last January transfer window, the guardian reported that Bournemouth wanted £75m, and they'd probably be less inclined to sell him to us bearing in mind we're potentially relegation rivals.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Wilson has only scored one more goal than Wesley having played more minutes, and also has the benefit of knowing this country, the league, and having played with his teammates for a few seasons now. He's was being linked with a £50m move to Chelsea in the last January transfer window, the guardian reported that Bournemouth wanted £75m, and they'd probably be less inclined to sell him to us bearing in mind we're potentially relegation rivals.

Potentially? I think we’re in it

Think Wilson would only leave them for a CL club, there was talk of Chelsea last January. Think he'd be a really good signing for Leicester.

Josh King actually might be a more realistic option. He's improved a lot since he first joined them. Was all pace but has nice all round game now and improved his scoring record.

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Way too much

key player, England international, Bournemouth need the player more than they need the money

I think you look at who bought who this summer in terms of young strikers, we bought wes for £20m+, everton bought kean for £20m+, wolves bought crutone for just under £20m, they currently have 5 goals between them, big wes getting 4 of them...strikers are hard to scout, especially new to the league, I think its more likely to be a leftfield choice rather than a name we all know, we almost definitely wont be signing an established PL striker 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1