January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Real are apparently shopping Brahim Diaz in the January window.

Now there is a very interesting prospect by all accounts. Can play centrally or on either flank.

Maybe his ex teammate Luiz can put in a good word for us?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sne said:

The Internet :D 

He extended his contract last year and increased his buy out clause from £25m to £40m or rather Euros but same same.

Not that's I'm and expert on the subject but I've followed Real Betis for more than 25 years...

OK you seem to be the subject matter expert here, I'll await the signing announcement from Barca in the summer 😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, zab6359 said:

OK you seem to be the subject matter expert here, I'll await the signing announcement from Barca in the summer 😀

And you'll certainly have the bragging rights when we sign him for £15m in January ;)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Hope our scouts in Spain are having a look at Loren Moron at Betis only 25 has worked his way up through the Spanish leagues and doing well in a shite team brilliant finisher, could be one for the summer depending on how his season pans out.

1 hour ago, sne said:

And you'll certainly have the bragging rights when we sign him for £15m in January ;)

Come on pay attention, nothing going to happen in January 😀

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jareth said:

Eze's good, Eze's good, He's Eberechi good. 

Decent showing for QPR last night, another 7+ rating on whoscored, played on the left of midfield in a 4-4-2 looking at the stats everything went down that left hand side for QPR.

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any good players out there that aren’t getting enough games? I think a couple of high profile loans would suit us in January.  We need a few additions that can hit the ground running. 

It’s a difficult time to buy players with the long term in mind. 

Not sure we will go for loans tbh, you are right January is a difficult window I can only see us making one addition and think that will be attacking player I'd like right winger who can score goals but have a feeling it will be an out and out striker after Wes we have no strength in depth there.

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Not sure we will go for loans tbh, you are right January is a difficult window I can only see us making one addition and think that will be attacking player I'd like right winger who can score goals but have a feeling it will be an out and out striker after Wes we have no strength in depth there.

So long as we get a striker I'll be happy. The other positions we could add to are best done in the summer when we stay up as we will be able to attract higher quality options.

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Come on pay attention, nothing going to happen in January 😀

Sorry, my bad.

Must have gotten confused what with the title of the thread and all.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Hope our scouts in Spain are having a look at Loren Moron at Betis only 25 has worked his way up through the Spanish leagues and doing well in a shite team brilliant finisher, could be one for the summer depending on how his season pans out.

Stupid suggestion.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Actually saw Palace linked with Oliver Giroud this morning. Guess he'll want to stay in London but that would be great pick up for us on six month loan. He's barely getting any minutes for Chelsea so would imagine he'd leave in January anyway.

2 things that aren't happening at this club anymore, one is buying players in their twilight looking for a last good deal before retirement. The other is loaning players without an option to buy

22 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Rather he had another season to prove himself, in 3 La Liga seasons this is the most goals he has scored in a season. his lower league record isnt mind blowing

Could be another Hogan or Lucas Perez flash in the pan

Just now, Zatman said:

Rather he had another season to prove himself, in 3 La Liga seasons this is the most goals he has scored in a season. his lower league record isnt mind blowing

True, problem is that where we currently are in the football hierarchy we have no chance to sign a player who has proved himself at top level.

Those guys go for £50m and upwards and move to more successful clubs playing in Europe.

We have to find the guys before they have their big breakthrough.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any good players out there that aren’t getting enough games? I think a couple of high profile loans would suit us in January.  We need a few additions that can hit the ground running. 

It’s a difficult time to buy players with the long term in mind. 

Ozil? 

🤣

• Haha 2

Some names to keep and eye on .. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11945/11841216/chelseas-tammy-abraham-and-mason-mount-among-europes-top-young-stars

Some of Europe's best young players will be on show when Ajax host Chelsea on Wednesday, but which have made the best start to this season across Europe's major leagues?

We have used the Sky Sports Power Rankings, which ranks players based on 34 league matchday stats, to build a team of players aged 23 or under from the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Eredivisie.

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That's why I think the 70 mil suggestion is way off the mark!