January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

The Express reckon grealish would cost Manure 50m.

Lol.

Even if they did offer proper money Jack would have to be off his rocker to walk into that mad house. 

It's like the crumbling Roman Empire. 

5 hours ago, Villadevon said:

Benson & Hedges?    Lambert & Butler?

How many of us had to google some of the signings in the last window?

Must be someone called John who is a special player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems we're looking at loans that we might look to turn into permanent deals in the summer. That takes a little of the risk out of it for the player and for us financially - seems like a good plan to me. Not sure if that's on top of a permanent signing or two, but it definitely looks like where we're headed.

One good thing about that is that we might be able to get a deal or two done quickly.

We might get away with Kodjia against Fulham and then hope to have a proper striker in by the semi-final in five days time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

where has this myth come from. Nyland is our best goalkeeper with the ball at his feet

Did you watch the Liverpool match the other week, I had palpitations every time he had it at his feet, tried his best to get closed down before he did get closed down and was unlucky not to see the ball ricochet less favourably.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Did you watch the Liverpool match the other week, I had palpitations every time he had it at his feet, tried his best to get closed down before he did get closed down and was unlucky not to see the ball ricochet less favourably.

It was painful to watch.

Is something weird going on in China? I read the contracts won't be renewed once they're up?

I think Solomon Rondon would be a really useful player for us if we could get him for 6 months. Holds the ball, good work rate, can finish. Obviously that was all before he went over there so you never know.

Don't be fooled by him having to play as a centre half up front for West Brom and Newcastle in most of his time in England though, solid goalscorer before he got Pulised.

Would all depend on the money involved.

Edited by Tomaszk

48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Is something weird going on in China? I read the contracts won't be renewed once they're up?

I think Solomon Rondon would be a really useful player for us if we could get him for 6 months. Holds the ball, good work rate, can finish. Obviously that was all before he went over there so you never know.

Don't be fooled by him having to play as a centre half up front for West Brom and Newcastle in most of his time in England though, solid goalscorer before he got Pulised.

Would all depend on the money involved.

Yes.   https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveprice/2020/01/01/chinese-super-league-salary-cap-changes-equation-of-january-2020-transfer-window/#2f1c256f2d70

the Chinese Super League is imposing a salary cap on foreign signings this year. The cap is set at $3.3 million dollars a year (by comparison, Oscar is reportedly earning around $27 million a year in China). Chinese signings will also have a salary cap and clubs will reportedly have a total salary cap of around $95 million.

As the salary cap applies to new signings, there is unlikely to be any mass exodus of foreign stars from China just yet, rather the players who do return to Europe would be replaced by players on lower salaries.

In a nutshell, those on fantastic wages in China have no reason to leave - but those who thought they could get good money by a move there need to think again.

Edit: Those on good wages whose contract is up will want (or be forced) to move away from China.

Edited by ozvillafan

3 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Yes.   https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveprice/2020/01/01/chinese-super-league-salary-cap-changes-equation-of-january-2020-transfer-window/#2f1c256f2d70

In a nutshell, those on fantastic wages in China have no reason to leave - but those who thought they could get good money by a move there need to think again.

Edit: Those on good wages whose contract is up will want (or be forced) to move away from China.

Yeah. Those pesky 3 million quid. Can hardly afford me weekly pies. 😁

24 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah. Those pesky 3 million quid. Can hardly afford me weekly pies. 😁

Sad, isn't it? From the same article: "Oscar is reportedly earning around $27 million a year in China"

Football really is gone.

I really do think we might go for Benrahma if we can get Batshuayi over the line on a loan deal with an option to buy.

The landscape has changed now with the injuries to McGinn and Wesley, so money may have now become available.

It then leaves us with a centre midfielder to buy to replace McGinn until March/April.

You almost have to look at this transfer window as Aston Villa buying Jack Grealish.

If we get it right we stay up, Grealish stays and we build a team around him for years to come.

We get it wrong, go down and we lose the best player we've had in years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I really do think we might go for Benrahma if we can get Batshuayi over the line on a loan deal with an option to buy.

The landscape has changed now with the injuries to McGinn and Wesley, so money may have now become available.

It then leaves us with a centre midfielder to buy to replace McGinn until March/April.

Benrahma would be too expensive by all accounts to get this window.