January Transfers 2019/20

sne

On 27/12/2019 at 16:51, Tomaszk said:

Ivan Toney - ST

Mounir Chouiar - LW

Wylan Cyprien - CM

That'd be good.

At least we've started targeting the right players.

The summer was the time annoyingly, it'll be harder to attract players from top divisions. We're an unattractive proposition right now. These players don't want to be playing in the championship in 8 months time.

2 hours ago, supermon said:

We're linked with Butland, not particularly keen. Hasn't he been atrocious so far this season

Just think back to the summer.....talk of 25m bid for him. Loads on here say get it done as he'd be a bargain for ten years and be England squad regular. My take at the time was he was overrated and nothing he's done this season has disproved that. Would've been another highly priced signing who wouldn't have made a huge difference imo.

We got Heaton for pretty much a third of what we would've paid for Butland and he's been as good as I thought he'd be bar his home debut.

Don't see the sense in making it permanent. Heaton might be crocked but he will be back at the worst next season and he is simply a better keepr than Butland so he comes back and we have yet another back up keeper on high wages.

Loan is more logical to us but I can't see Stoke agreeing to that, they loan out one of their regulars when in middle of relegation battle and then get him back in the summer with his value further reduced.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Being linked to Roma winger Cengiz Under. Edit: Probably not the most reliable of links, just thought it would be fun to post a random name rather than the usual ones like Benrahma, Bowen and so on.

He was very good the season Roma got to CL semi final, was one of the best young players in the major leagues.

Dipped since then with injuries and Roma changing managers so he dosen't get a regular start, would be exciting to get him on loan if he's available.

43 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

At least we've started targeting the right players.

The summer was the time annoyingly, it'll be harder to attract players from top divisions. We're an unattractive proposition right now. These players don't want to be playing in the championship in 8 months time.

Can't believe you wrote Ivan Toney. I thought it said Tonev. Swear to god you gave me a stomach cramp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Transfermarkt has him rated at €35m. No way we're getting him.

Why, how much money do we have to spend? 

It was heavily rumoured in the summer that we wanted another striker and it would’ve beaten our transfer record, but we couldn’t get it over the line. Why wouldn’t do that now?

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Chelsea are unlikely likely to sell any player with their transfer ban tbh. Also, we only want Tammy who they aint selling anyway :)

Transfer ban has been lifted, hence why all the links to their players 

• Thanks 1