January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Let’s all throw our arms in the air in collective outrage as Chester has gone and championship Boro have just signed Harold Moukoudi on a loan with view to buy .... 

Another failing of Suso and the club  ... Lol 

Edit: also just read that the mighty Boro are also battling Man Utd and Benfica for Adolfo Gaich Young Argentine striker previously linked or mentioned ... this news will surely top some other the edge and is another failing of the club. 

Edited by thabucks

31 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

so we recall RHM as what you'd presume would be a squad striker option (as surely it will be a miracle if Samatta and Keinan stay fit the rest of the campaign) only to loan him to Derby?

RHM would get eaten alive in this League 

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

San Francisco

👍Yeah couple of days here at work, missing the transfer deadline day, although sounds like not much occur ring.. 

Ah well can get up at 7am tomorrow for the Bournemouth game 😁

Hepburn-Murphy came on in the FA Cup against Manchester United and looked very dangerous, only way he'd get 'eaten alive' is if he's played as a target man, which is what happened to him when Bruce played him in the league cup. Very surprised that we're letting him go just to play for Derby's U23 team.

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

But a loan move for a squad striker would surely fall within any self-imposed or FFP financial restrictions, and must still be on Suso’s radar? Are we seriously saying this player doesn’t exist? Is the issue that a loan signing would want guaranteed minutes

Percy says we were trying hard for Slimani but his side made things to complicated 

Given what's being said I'm not expecting anyone in. I understand where the club is coming from, still I'd rather us have kept RHM instead of loaning him out. Better to be safe than sorry. 

At this point I wouldn't be shocked to see Louie Barry get a first team call up at some point. 

28 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Quick, get him in - WE ARE MISSING OUT HERE!!!! HOW CAN THE BOARD LET THIS HAPPEN - UTTER INCOMPETENCE!!!!!

Don't they know we need players?????? SHAMBOLIC

Who is Luke Matheson by the way?

Oh I love this time of year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Given what's being said I'm not expecting anyone in. I understand where the club is coming from, still I'd rather us have kept RHM instead of loaning him out. Better to be safe than sorry. 

At this point I wouldn't be shocked to see Louie Barry get a first team call up at some point. 

What's the point of keeping RHM if we have Vasillev? 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's common sense IMO

It is, but I don’t think fans are crying out for an expensive signing of a world class striker on a 5-year contract.

What people want is a squad striker to replace Kodjia, and fine if we bring him in on loan. I don’t think FFP is the issue with this - but I appreciate going on loan to be 3rd choice at a relegation battling team may not be hugely attractive. I just think it’s hard to imagine the 6 months of wages destroying us more than injury to Samatta + relegation would.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Elton said:

Not sure if you’re serious?

Owners saved us from the brink, invested as much as they could and we’re 16th and in a cup final.

You should be on your knees thanking them.

People said the same about lerner and then xia. 

I'm big fans of our current owners but let's learn our lesson before we make them untouchable. 

• Like 1