January Transfers 2019/20

sne

If there was a deal that represented no risk, very little commitment and Benteke was not the only striker coming in, I'd be OK with it. The huge amount of goodwill and love for him and to him would be immense.

Otherwise, get ****. There are lots of options. If it doesn't suit us, forget it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Does he? That's the question. I think Benteke coming back to Villa and picking up where he left off would be a fairy tale. Fairy Tales aren't particularly realistic though.

I’d love it though. The amount of balls we get into the box he’d get enough chances. And he bullies defenders, if nothing else at least he’d create space for everyone else. We might even score a header this season! 

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

@Elton look away now....

AVAgent on twitter suggests that "Suso is in Romania this evening wrapping up a deal for a player." 

Private account so can't link and I can't post the screen shot as I will get into trouble as its not allowed.

The problem with posts like this is, I start trawling through the Romanian league for the best goalscorers. I then find that the league's top scorer is a 21 year old Romanian left winger who has scored 10 and assisted 7 goals this season and is highly rated and compared to Mbappe. Forinel Coman is his name and, apparently, Man City and West Ham were linked at the back end of last year. 

Let's see if there's any truth in the Suso thing. 

How much was Benteke 1 year contract extension in October. Surely not the 120k a week they initially signed him on. So do people want him back on something ridiculous like 60k per week? **** me dead that would be horrendous. Way too many Villa fans want success and at the same time have ridiculous nostalgia for junk signings and bad practices that got us relegated and then act confused why we struggle

• Like 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

How much was Benteke 1 year contract extension in October. Surely not the 120k a week they initially signed him on. So do people want him back on something ridiculous like 60k per week? **** me dead that would be horrendous. Way too many Villa fans want success and at the same time have ridiculous nostalgia for junk signings and bad practices that got us relegated and then act confused why we struggle

All true - but I think you are not buying into the vision - you have to dream big sometimes ! 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

The problem with posts like this is, I start trawling through the Romanian league for the best goalscorers. I then find that the league's top scorer is a 21 year old Romanian left winger who has scored 10 and assisted 7 goals this season and is highly rated and compared to Mbappe. Forinel Coman is his name and, apparently, Man City and West Ham were linked at the back end of last year. 

I know, but interestingly Coman is one of the players represented by that agent who was quoted earlier today as saying he was placing a player with us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Hopefully. We are lacking pace so badly in the team 

Benteke if memory serves me right had a pretty good game against us last time we played palace, even nearly scored against us.

I noticed he was giving it a good go and was everywhere, causing us problems, wed be daft not to try him out if we could get on the cheap. A no 2 or 3 I think he should be, if he impresses and deserves a shot at no1 I don't see why not but he'd have to deserve it and impress.

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Yeah, a Romanian agent said on national TV that he was helping a move go through that would be big for the national football as a player would be joining us. Suso going over there pretty much confirms that was an accurate statement. Wouldn't mind Coman and Dennis Man. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Yeah, a Romanian agent said on national TV that he was helping a move go through that would be big for the national football as a player would be joining us. Suso going over there pretty much confirms that was an accurate statement. Wouldn't mind Coman and Dennis Man. 

Id wouldn’t mind any man at Villa the way things are going 

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

Jesus can you stop with the benteke bullshit...The guy is a spent force,has gone backwards at lightspeed pace since 2016

I wish fans would stop relying on nostalgia..the guy couldnt score in a brothel.

benteke rant over!

He is a lost sole (see what I did there) 

He strayed from the path - and has grappled to find his spiritual home ever since - now finally after years in the wilderness a light has appeared on the horizon - he should be allowed to follow that light - he had unfinished business at villa park

... And if benteke carries on like he has for the last few years, netting us a single goal in April? All those good memories and goodwill will soon disappear and that would be a shame. 

Edited by rubberman
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Jesus can you stop with the benteke bullshit...The guy is a spent force,has gone backwards at lightspeed pace since 2016

I wish fans would stop relying on nostalgia..the guy couldnt score in a brothel.

benteke rant over!

Ok Maupay instead then yeah?? 😋

• Thanks 1