January Transfers 2019/20

sne

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I am mutuals with him. He's guessing, the same as you. 

None of those people you listed are 'ITK'. 

I know, and I say as much. And yes, judging by the tone he is guessing.

The point was out of the hundreds of similar twitter posts on the same matter at the moment, he has slightly more gravitas than a lot of others, even if he is guessing. Incidentally I am not guessing only posting the only rumours doing the rounds this evening (but it the last time I do), I have no view on it.

But as you are indeed mutuals with him you will know that Ty Bracey posted a lot of ITK stuff in the summer that was very close to the mark ahead of the general noise around targets (in particular Jack Butland). 

We all know that until its announced there is plenty of wriggle room for everyone speculating, ITK or pretending to be ITK. It would be very dull without the window speculation though eh?

Edited by thunderball

Benteke might actually happen, Telegraph have said we've asked about him, but Palace want to bring in a replacement first, well now it looks like they're getting Tosun from Everton. We need more than one striker, I think he'd be a good choice as back-up or rotate with whichever other striker we sign. It's too simplistic to look at his goalscoring record with Palace and say that he isn't very good anymore, there's more to it than that.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

But as are indeed mutuals with him you will know that Ty Bracey posted a lot of ITK stuff in the summer that was very close to the mark ahead of the general noise around targets (in particular Jack Butland). 

He doesn't have a clue. He just amplifies other people including all the false rumours 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would prefer Hogan over Benteke, Gabby as well

Not that I want either 

Players rarely do it 2nd time around look at Newcastle with Carroll

But think how good it would be if Benteke came to villa and bucked that trend ? - 

You have to dream sometimes 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

It's too simplistic to look at his goalscoring record with Palace and say that he isn't very good anymore, there's more to it than that.

You're right. The multiple ligament and other injuries probably contributed. If it was some random and not Benteke we were linked with that had 5 goals in last 2 and a half seasons people would rightfully be losing their minds at the club

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Do you remember his Villa years? He was outstanding 

Does he? That's the question. I think Benteke coming back to Villa and picking up where he left off would be a fairy tale. Fairy Tales aren't particularly realistic though.

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Don't want to alarm anyone but I am detecting a worrying lack of fish puns in the transfer thread.

Ducks away for cover

Can we reel in someone tomorrow?

Edited by TheStagMan

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Benteke might actually happen, Telegraph have said we've asked about him, but Palace want to bring in a replacement first, well now it looks like they're getting Tosun from Everton. We need more than one striker, I think he'd be a good choice as back-up or rotate with whichever other striker we sign. It's too simplistic to look at his goalscoring record with Palace and say that he isn't very good anymore, there's more to it than that.

It will prob get the crowd all riled up n rowdy bringing Teke back, having him at the front he'd no doubt have a heroes welcome, hopefully he will then realise at that moment he shouldn't of ever gone anywhere and start firing them in.

I hope that's how it will work with him.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

We had his best years, and turned a tidy profit. Quit whilst ahead springs to mind.

Yes but spend what hopefully is a small ammount bringing him back, imagine if he does rediscover himself, if anyone deserves another go here isn't it Benteke??

I'd be happy to get Benteke back. He was outstanding for us and kept us up in a couple of seasons we rightfully should have been relegated. Positive vibes from fans who have good memories of him could do him wonders. He'd be cheap as well. 

I'd hope he's not the only striker we bring in though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

The only positive with signing Benteke would be the early goodwill from fans. 

If we could get Weiman back along side him as well - the old gang back together !!! - great days 

• Like 1