January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Nyland was a fookin' disaster in the Championship last season.  I don't want to count on him because he had one good performance before his season ending injury last year and has had one good performance so far this season.  He was so far out of his element last year that Smith couldn't wait to get another goalkeeper in BEFORE the window even opened last January.  I'm glad Nyland now actually looks like he has played football before, but Reina is still in another class above.  

He was a scape goat often. He could've done better for last goal in Forest 5-5 but the first 4 were down to Hourihane being rubbish in the midfield and comical defending for 2nd and 3rd from Hutton and Tuanzebe

• Like 1

Benteke would guarantee us relegation I'd say. Never go back. 

He isn't very good and it would be a complete nail in the coffein for our scouting department.

I swear if Benteke is the answer I am not interested in the question. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

It could be possible that we enquired about both Reina and Piatek, as that would fit our M.O. from the previous transfer window.

In Piatek we have a young player, new to the league and country, who may or may not know English.

In Reina, you have a player with experience of both living in England and playing in the PL. The fact that both are currently teammates at Milan could help with Piatek settling into life in England.

Whether either deal is still likely... only the clubs know.

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Nyland was a fookin' disaster in the Championship last season.  I don't want to count on him because he had one good performance before his season ending injury last year and has had one good performance so far this season.  He was so far out of his element last year that Smith couldn't wait to get another goalkeeper in BEFORE the window even opened last January.  I'm glad Nyland now actually looks like he has played football before, but Reina is still in another class above.  

Nyland clearly had the ability last year but he was playing behind a truly shambolic defence and his confidence was shot to bits. When he has had a decent defence in front of him he has always looked decent. He has also clearly settled into the club now and seems to have regained his confidence.

Out of interest what makes you think Reina is a class above. He is 37 now and from what I can see he has hardly played for 2 years. He definitely used to be class but how do you know that he still is?

• Like 3

I think the thing with our system is, it’s just as important that the CF can be a target, hold the ball, link the midfield etc. 

Benteke can do that no problem. If he plays 90 minutes week in week out he’s a 1 in 3 striker which is better than we’ve had! 

I’d have him - who else are we realistically going to get?  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

19 goals and 9 assists in 98 games 6670 minutes for Palace. 

Wow, so better goals to games ratio than Wesley.  And mostly from the bench. 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He was a scape goat often. He could've done better for last goal in Forest 5-5 but the first 4 were down to Hourihane being rubbish in the midfield and comical defending for 2nd and 3rd from Hutton and Tuanzebe

Such a scapegoat that Smith replaced him as soon as he could and then signed another keeper the following transfer window. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Benteke would guarantee us relegation I'd say. Never go back. 

He isn't very good and it would be a complete nail in the coffein for our scouting department.

I swear if Benteke is the answer I am not interested in the question. 

What if the question is who is an upgrade on Kodjia?? The list would be very long and in my opinion wound still (even on current form) include Benteke 

29 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Hopefully the Piatek rumours were at least true, and if he does go to Spurs hopefully we have other targets (not Benteke) lined up as options.

I'd stake my last penny we weren't interested, and we won't be buying anyone in that kind of price bracket this window.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Would anyone take back Ashley Young if it was at all possible? He can play the attacking left back role or either wing? 

No, he's not the type of player we need and his wages would be incredibly high.

17 minutes ago, Villastine said:

What if the question is who is an upgrade on Kodjia?? The list would be very long and in my opinion wound still (even on current form) include Benteke 

I wouldn't have him on that list. 

Secondly, it's a complete admission of failure if a new striker to ensure PL survival ends up being a striker that's past it. There's an absolute load of potential targets to be looking at. Benteke should never be one of them. 

• Like 1

I hope the Benteke links are just lazy journalism. If he wasn’t a former player there would be no “reported” interest.

I doubt there would be much enthusiasm for him on here either if he didn’t have history with us. Without that the screams of, “past it!!” would be audible in space. 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He was a scapegoat for a reason, he wasnt ready; Far too timid.

The break and coaching has done wonders for him, seemingly changed his mindset.