January Transfers 2019/20

sne

5 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Jesus can you stop with the benteke bullshit...The guy is a spent force,has gone backwards at lightspeed pace since 2016

I wish fans would stop relying on nostalgia..the guy couldnt score in a brothel.

benteke rant over!

What’s your views on Tonev coming back out of interest?

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What was Wesleys even nearly scored stat this season. This is an interesting metric

We have to many players with the nearly scored stat lol, So yeah Benteke would fit right in no matter what.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

A no 2 or 3 I think he should be, if he impresses and deserves a shot at no1 I don't see why not but he'd have to deserve it and impress.

So you want Benteke to play at full back and if he does well move him to goal keeper?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

with the ammount of romanians in birmingham you could easily add 10000 to the gate by signing a romanian superstar. 😀

Gordan Cowans came back to Villa and was class in his 2nd spell. and so did steve staunton. I back Benteke to come in and do a job. back in the day Some of his link up play with weiman was breathtaking. So his hold up play will generate loads more goals for the midfielders.

All any incoming stiker has to do is get more goals than wesley (5) in the remaining fixtures. and fire us to wembley. obtaining god like status has never looked so simple.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

with the ammount of romanians in birmingham you could easily add 10000 to the gate by signing a romanian superstar. 😀

Gordan Cowans came back to Villa and was class in his 2nd spell. and so did steve staunton. I back Benteke to come in and do a job. back in the day Some of his link up play with weiman was breathtaking. So his hold up play will generate loads more goals for the midfielders.

All any incoming stiker has to do is get more goals than wesley (5) in the remaining fixtures. and fire us to wembley. obtaining god like status has never looked so simple.

You do know how many goals Benteke has scored in the last two and a half years?

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We should of offered more, no doubt he's going to start scoring again now we've missed out.

If it's one striker out of the lot I'd of liked to seen join us it was him, let's hope we don't regret not going all out to sign this one as well. I fear a trend will be starting here that were not going for decent strikers who are capable of the job in so many ways only to go after someone who comes in and doesn't work.

Edited by Dave-R

Romanian rumours about coman..17 goals and 9 assists so far,only 20 and his worth according to transfermarket is 5.5m

Keep in mind that romanian league is worse than the scottish league in terms of levels of football...

are we getting desperate?

i shudder to think who will be playing up front for us on sunday

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

We should of offered more, no doubt he's going to start scoring again now we've missed out.

If it's one striker out of the lot I'd of liked to seen join us it was him, let's hope we don't regret not going all out to sign this one as well. I fear a trend will be starting here that were not going for decent strikers who are capable of the job in so many ways only to go after someone who comes in and does t work.

Nah of he joins spurs then it sounds to me like his agent used us as a bit of bait to get that deal done, as soon as spurs are in for him we're out 

• Like 1

Apparently Benteke has had a higher expected Assist per 90 stat than even Grealish this season. Although his lack of actual assists can be explained by the fact that seemingly no one in Palace can finish for shit(okay maybe Zaha). Like I've said several times before, there is value in Benteke as a guy who assists the goalscorers instead of being the main goal scorer himself. Of course, if he can kick on and rediscover his goalscoring form, that would be amazing too.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

The scenario in my head is spurs went out to Milan last week to talk about him, Milan want £28m levy being levy offer them £20m split over 45 years with a marble and some fluff thrown in

We go out there to have a chat with them about reina

Milan circulate rumours that we were out there for him and that we've bid for him, get spurs on the phone telling them they've met us, matched their price, talking money with him now it's gonna happen

Spurs buckle and up their bid, gets accepted, he joins spurs

We're just a passenger in the whole thing 

You can change Milan for his agent, they'll both play the same game 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think I have ever known us sign a player of this calibre in 45 years of following villa. Smith even said we don't have massive amounts of money this window. Always odds heavily against.

He said we don't have endless funds. Well, nobody does.