January Transfers 2019/20

sne

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Piatek seems likely and as was quickly shot down the other day we were probably never interested. You know vast majority of transfer rumours every window are made up right? Also why are we discussing Spurs transfers?

We were linked to Piatek but the Sun says he is singing for Spurs. Thats Why I mentioned Spurs. Lots of papers have suggested we were seriously interested in Piatek, along with Palace and Newcastle.

Why are you so prickly?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I think he is a Premier league quality striker. And right now, we dont have any.

I disagree. He is a Premier League passenger, at best.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

19 goals and 9 assists in 98 games 6670 minutes for Palace. Why are people so delusional that he'll come back here and not completely suck.

Please don't give some bullshit about coming home and playing to the Holte about the guy who thought Villa was a London club when he signed and dreamed of playing for Arsenal

Most of those goals were from 16/17 season when he was last good. It's always a risk signing a player who's gone full seasons without actually doing anything. It was with Drinkwater and it will be with Benteke if this is genuine (if it is it could well happen as Palace will want him off their books by the summer).

26 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I understand the problem with small sample pools but I think 487 minutes is enough time for it to be a decent indicator. I've not seen anyone else play as many minutes as that and have such an obviously odd value for their xA90 and xG90.

I've been asking around and xG and xA for bit part players is worthless. Connor Wickham has 4th highest xG per 90 in the PL. That said Grealish xG per 90 is 0.26 vs Benteke 0.19

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think Drinkwater will surprise quite a few at how good he actually is

It's so hard to know how well DD will do because he's played so little competitive football over the last two to three years.I watched him a lot when he played for Leicester & he was very good. I hope he gets it together & produces for Villa. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Most of those goals were from 16/17 season when he was last good. It's always a risk signing a player who's gone full seasons without actually doing anything. It was with Drinkwater and it will be with Benteke if this is genuine (if it is it could well happen as Palace will want him off their books by the summer).

17/18 Medial Collateral Ligament Injury 55 days

18/19 Knee Injury 133 days

He’s scored for Belgium this year if you feed him he’ll score simple as. 

He fired for Palace initially when they played to his strengths then had a injury hit season after. Needs games and a system geared towards whipping crosses in or playing to his feet in the box and he’ll score

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

He’s scored for Belgium this year if you feed him he’ll score simple as. 

He fired for Palace initially when they played to his strengths then had a injury hit season after. Needs games and a system geared towards whipping crosses in or playing to his feet in the box and he’ll score

3 against San Marino and Cyprus. I could score against them with Hazard and KDB feeding me