New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

Whether we spend £35m on some European wonder striker or we sort a loan for someone like Batsuayhi/Giroud, I think we need whatever winger we get in to be able to also play up top to provide cover. Getting someone like Bowen in would be ideal.

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where were the reports?

It was on a link in newsnow, 1 site just mentions he has 4 goals in 6 games and we should look at him.

Looks like speculative journalism rather than we are actually linked to him

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a genuine case to be made that we need two forwards, a winger and a central midfielder in order to stay up.

I agree and that's just not going to happen which concerns me.

4 months ago this thread started, that's 4 months of careful planning, searching, scouting, budgeting, sounding out agents, all the stuff teams get done in a couple weeks on occasion.

Baffled as to why there was no striker in coming on 1st January 2020, we knew what we were going into the season with, wrs kodja and davis, we knew how many games we had, what each player gave to the team.

It can be as simple as put in an offer its accepted and the player is signed. 

Seems all rather strange ?

• Like 2

I would say we enquired for players and more than likely they have said No, believe Batsuhayi has no interest for example. We were never in a great negotiating position. The other thing is other players that we want probably will not be allowed leave by the current club

Other teams that needed a striker havent bought one either, Palace only team to sign a striker so far

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would say we enquired for players and more than likely they have said No, believe Batsuhayi has no interest for example. We were never in a great negotiating position. The other thing is other players that we want probably will not be allowed leave by the current club

Other teams that needed a striker havent bought one either, Palace only team to sign a striker so far

I understand that, however we have had 5 months to sort out players we want. It's not like we suddenly need a forward because wes is injured. We have always since the summer before the season started, needed an extra forward.

• Like 1