New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Incredible signing at the price isn't it? Thought he would go somewhere even bigger.

Although, it's a good move for both him and Dortmund, if he fulfills what his potential looks like he'll defo be off for over 100 mill in the next few years.

You make it sound like Dortmund is some mid table club he is joining

18 hours ago, sne said:

Haaland gone to Dortmund for 22m so shockingly enough it won't be him.

Same fee we paid for Wes...

Except by all accounts it’s actually €22m plus €10m+ to his agent and a huge % of future sale.

Don’t get me wrong I’d have been delighted with it but it’s worth significantly more then we paid for Wes!

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Except by all accounts it’s actually €22m plus €10m+ to his agent and a huge % of future sale.

Don’t get me wrong I’d have been delighted with it but it’s worth significantly more then we paid for Wes!

True, Raiola costs extra.

And even thou I'm sure Wes's agent got a pretty good chunk of cash as well it wasn't anywhere near £10m

On 30/12/2019 at 03:11, Zatman said:

You make it sound like Dortmund is some mid table club he is joining

No that's now how I meant it all.

I know Dortmund are a top club and I'm always impressed by them.

However truth is they don't even have the financial clout of a Bayern Munich, who have poached players from them already.

If the Bacelonas, Real Madrid's, and Juventus's etc offer big money for a Dortmund player there is a high likelihood they get them.

Dortmund have a brilliant system of buying young players, moving them on for huge profit and repeating the cycle, whilst improving at the same time.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 30/12/2019 at 05:31, Zatman said:

Mr Aston Villa sitting at home waiting for the call to save us. #bringbackgabby

Wesley still scored more league goals for us than Gabby in his last 3 seasons

Edited by Kiwivillan

17 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Morelos might work but my god, his hair fries my head, cant handle the hair, its mad.

Generally weary of strikers from Scotland, the standard of defending and goalkeeping is just so bad up there. Although his record in Europe is very impressive.

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Generally weary of strikers from Scotland, the standard of defending and goalkeeping is just so bad up there. Although his record in Europe is very impressive.

Dont know that much about him but the league is weak, doesn't mean we cant find the odd McGinn. You only have to look at how good Sinclair looked at Celtic really. Ww have seen what happens with a 22m gamble, I'd have scoffed at Ings but I'd snap their arms arms now, however, who knows what will work, the only guarantee I guess is to spend 60m+ which wont happen. 

Big test for the owners, do they dig deep and get us a forward that we can reasonably say is tried & tested (think Mitrovic) or do they continue with the buy potential template? We have to get our next CF signing right, ditto CM. We must seriously improve the spine of the team through the middle. 

12 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Big test for the owners, do they dig deep and get us a forward that we can reasonably say is tried & tested (think Mitrovic) or do they continue with the buy potential template? We have to get our next CF signing right, ditto CM. We must seriously improve the spine of the team through the middle. 

In my opinion, we are now at a point where we need to bring in a proven striker and not take a chance on someone unknown. We can’t gamble our premier league future on a forward that has no experience playing at this level 

Of all the strikers that are being mentioned such as Giroud, Mitrovic, Morelos, Benteke, and so on, the only one I think has any chance of happening is Batshuayi, I think it's either going to be him on loan, or someone that no one has mentioned, likely from either the French, Italian, Spanish or German leagues, maybe we'll give the Belgium leagues a miss this time.

• Like 1

On the Haaland deal, the reports are they paid a £22 million fee, plus £15 mill for raiola, £10 million to Haalands dad'sAND insisted on a £55 million release clause.

Raiola as much of a disgusting character he is is a genius. He kept him away from clubs that he could remain at for his whole career, and engineered a deal that sees him get paid again in a year or two.

I wish clubs would just band together and absolutely refuse to deal with him. Choke him out the game

Just now, ramshackler said:

On the Haaland deal, the reports are they paid a £22 million fee, plus £15 mill for raiola, £10 million to Haalands dad'sAND insisted on a £55 million release clause.

Raiola as much of a disgusting character he is is a genius. He kept him away from clubs that he could remain at for his whole career, and engineered a deal that sees him get paid again in a year or two.

I wish clubs would just band together and absolutely refuse to deal with him. Choke him out the game

Those figures are likely quite far away from correct tbh.

But no doubt Raiola takes a large chunk of money with him yet again.

4 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Someone like Diallo doing well in France would fit the bill for me, provided we get at least one new winger. One without the other will not work.

I'm not going to write Trez off yet, he can improve with time. El Ghazi, on the other hand, has reached his level of incompetence I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Those figures are likely quite far away from correct tbh.

But no doubt Raiola takes a large chunk of money with him yet again.

Yeah. There's no chance Dortmund making a high risk investment with a 8 million quid margin. There's a lot more to this transfer. 

If we thought we needed a new forward before today, and we did. 

Cheezus out attacking options are wank.

Hope it wasn't a season ender for Wesley but either way we so need to get quality in at this position.

On 31/12/2019 at 23:42, useless said:

Of all the strikers that are being mentioned such as Giroud, Mitrovic, Morelos, Benteke, and so on, the only one I think has any chance of happening is Batshuayi, I think it's either going to be him on loan, or someone that no one has mentioned, likely from either the French, Italian, Spanish or German leagues, maybe we'll give the Belgium leagues a miss this time.

Reports were in the BM that we'd sent scouts to La Liga games with the view to find a striker.