New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

17 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I get the feeling that Hull will try and get 25 for him. Always a big demand for a prolific goalscorer ... the question is can he do it at the Premier League level . 

Bowen should be around £15m. I don't see us paying £20m or £25m for him. I think £12m - 18m might well swing it, if not we tell them, that we will be looking elsewhere. 

Edited by John

1 hour ago, John said:

Bowen should be around £15m. I don't see us paying £20m or £25m for him. I think £12m - 18m might well swing it, if not we tell them, that we will be looking elsewhere. 

The January window is usually overpriced as the selling clubs know they are in the drivers seat. If Bowen can score goals in the Prem then 20-25 is cheap. 

15 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The January window is usually overpriced as the selling clubs know they are in the drivers seat. If Bowen can score goals in the Prem then 20-25 is cheap. 

If he can yes. That was the question with Maupay and we chose not to pay the price for that reason. Too late to change that decision now, sadly.

We really do need a striker early into the window and will need to pay enough to minimise the risk of him not getting the goals that we need in my opinion. Otherwise it's a high risk strategy to hope that a striker from the Championship or abroad, for less money can hit the ground running.  

3 biggest important sign in jan windows is -

1 x Striker (Lammers, Mitrovic, Even Benteke or any else who can take Wesley and do 10x better job) even would happy to see we do " Robbie Keane Deal "or" Bent - Poacher finisher type Deal right time runner and right place, and explosive pace, who can header and shot, even taps in" even i don't care forward who can't passing as we often killer pass and cross and no one, when all striker would finish but not Wesley!  

2x and Left + Right Inside Forward (Bowen and Pedro)

it is would cover forward or winger problem until summer 

1 Less important yet will do need it for completion to health if Davis keep injury

1x Big Future star striker (yet ready to play as first team or happy sit on beach long Wesley and fight as first choice and wesley, to push wesley better player )and future star Left Foot Inside Forward 

one big and two small question for me to ask?

Q) WHO is find Wesley and make call to get him, I Don't believe Smith did it as i suspect Suso make called and ask Smith go ahead, Smith look and like about 11 goals, even he original want Maupay maybe Suso don't see him as Smith did ?

Q) in end Smith take a fall? or Smith make actually stupid deal him choice him over maupay even he know he will help Aston Villa better chance survival over,

Q) why Gambler Smith take Wesley over Maupay is over my head.  

this reason we make this thread and talking about buy new striker is due "WESLEY" performance, would avoid this problem from beginner yet fee make this problem and worse to sort the price, we would big loss to sell him future or Wesley turn around with 2 season later?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We need one on January 1st at 00:01. 

In the summer we need to look at a whole new front line - whether Wesley, El Ghazi or Trez are good enough is questionable.

I have to disagree with El Ghazi and Trez. I think both have shown enough in our squad at the present moment. El Ghazi has 3 goals and 4 assists and Trez has 3 goals and 1 assists. Those are decent numbers for a team at our level for wingers.

23 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

3 biggest important sign in jan windows is -

1 x Striker (Lammers, Mitrovic, Even Benteke or any else who can take Wesley and do 10x better job) even would happy to see we do " Robbie Keane Deal "or" Bent - Poacher finisher type Deal right time runner and right place, and explosive pace, who can header and shot, even taps in" even i don't care forward who can't passing as we often killer pass and cross and no one, when all striker would finish but not Wesley!  

2x and Left + Right Inside Forward (Bowen and Pedro)

it is would cover forward or winger problem until summer 

1 Less important yet will do need it for completion to health if Davis keep injury

1x Big Future star striker (yet ready to play as first team or happy sit on beach long Wesley and fight as first choice and wesley, to push wesley better player )and future star Left Foot Inside Forward 

one big and two small question for me to ask?

Q) WHO is find Wesley and make call to get him, I Don't believe Smith did it as i suspect Suso make called and ask Smith go ahead, Smith look and like about 11 goals, even he original want Maupay maybe Suso don't see him as Smith did ?

Q) in end Smith take a fall? or Smith make actually stupid deal him choice him over maupay even he know he will help Aston Villa better chance survival over,

Q) why Gambler Smith take Wesley over Maupay is over my head.  

this reason we make this thread and talking about buy new striker is due "WESLEY" performance, would avoid this problem from beginner yet fee make this problem and worse to sort the price, we would big loss to sell him future or Wesley turn around with 2 season later?

No one ever understands a word you say, mate. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No one ever understands a word you say, mate. 

Without tryin to be a clever arse I always read his posts and wonder if he's Chinese? The English is so broken but in a weird way which makes me think the dudes from Asia. 

Was watching Granada-Levante earlier. Not sure if anyone's heard of him but Bardhi scored a cracker last minute. Chipped in with 9 goals for Levante in 17/18 (two v Barca in a 5-4 right at the end of the season). Not a striker but as wide option I think he'd be worth a punt, would certainly be cheaper option than likes of Bowen.

1 hour ago, John said:

If he can yes. That was the question with Maupay and we chose not to pay the price for that reason. Too late to change that decision now, sadly.

We really do need a striker early into the window and will need to pay enough to minimise the risk of him not getting the goals that we need in my opinion. Otherwise it's a high risk strategy to hope that a striker from the Championship or abroad, for less money can hit the ground running.  

I may be completely wrong on this but I think players from the Championship  adapt to the Prem faster than players from abroad. Not saying its always the case but at least they've experienced football on a cold rainy Wednesday night with defenders having a kick at you.

• Like 2