New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

On 06/12/2019 at 10:10, useless said:

From what the reports have been saying we're not going to be spending big in January and will only bring in a  striker if we can sell Kodjia. Maybe Josh Maja is someone we could go for, when Abraham was being linked with Wolves last January I thought he might be someone we could get as a replacement, and I don't think Bordeaux paid that much for him, so we could offer them a relatively low fee that would see them make a big profit. Would be nice to get someone more proven, but not sure if that's going to be possible.

Apparently the Liverpool echo are linking us with Maja, along with a bunch of other premier league clubs.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Morelos sent off again for Rangers today. Definitely dont need a player constantly suspended

Constantly? Bit ott surely.

got the second yellow for gesturing towards the Motherwell fans while celebrating a goal after they been booing him after a previous penalty situation.

27 goals and 9 assists in 33 games this season. Played every game since coming back from summer holiday.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Constantly? Bit ott surely.

got the second yellow for gesturing towards the Motherwell fans while celebrating a goal after they been booing him after a previous penalty situation.

27 goals and 9 assists in 33 games this season. Played every game since coming back from summer holiday.

He has 6 red cards in 18 months

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has 6 red cards in 18 months

But just this resent one this season, and this one was a very harsh second yellow meaning he will miss his first game in 33.

By that definition Wesley is constantly scoring for us. :D

Edited by sne

Apparently Celtic are looking to sign slovenian Andraz Sporar in January for just £5m

Mentioned him before as someone who might be wort a punt. For that prize i'd absolutely try him.

Would even leave money for a quality wide player or another striker.

58 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Celtic are looking to sign slovenian Andraz Sporar in January for just £5m

Mentioned him before as someone who might be wort a punt. For that prize i'd absolutely try him.

Would even leave money for a quality wide player or another striker.

We usually do well knicking players from Celtic to be fair.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What is Vydra up to nowadays?
I don't rate him that highly but would provide competition and is the kind of striker I think we desperately need our system (basically a Vardy that will run in behind.)

Bench warming at Burnley, he's never really proved himself in the prem.

He'll go on loan to one of the promotion chasers in the championship.

On 15/12/2019 at 15:50, Villarocker said:

If you're referring to Mitrovic, he is not too old - looks are deceiving - but he would cost £25m+. 

I didnt think he would be worth that much.Oh well, back to the drawing board.Surley though we could get in a striker who is older,dosent cost too much and is used to the English game. and can score goals.Age shouldnt matter too much as we desperately need someone ( anyone ) just for this season,then we will have more time to suss out a proper solution for next season..

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I didnt think he would be worth that much.Oh well, back to the drawing board.Surley though we could get in a striker who is older,dosent cost too much and is used to the English game. and can score goals.Age shouldnt matter too much as we desperately need someone ( anyone ) just for this season,then we will have more time to suss out a proper solution for next season..

Hes a proven premier league goal scorer, with a good few years left in his prime, hes easily worth 25 million imo.

Getting him in January is the problem here!

Well if we are going to stay up we definately need someone ( anyone ) like him but, what I think is the problem is that Ds comes over as a very stubbon man and he signed Wesley as a striker and thats what he is gonna be.I think he is too stubbon to admit his mistake and he is also too stubbon to chanbe the formation we play.

I know no ones really suggesting on this site but I'm seeing a lot of people saying they want benteke back on twitter, I cannot understand people's logic in saying we need to replace wes who doesn't score enough with someone who's scored even less over 2 seasons. 

I'd love morelos even though he is a bit of a lunatic. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I know no ones really suggesting on this site but I'm seeing a lot of people saying they want benteke back on twitter, I cannot understand people's logic in saying we need to replace wes who doesn't score enough with someone who's scored even less over 2 seasons. 

I'd love morelos even though he is a bit of a lunatic. 

If your going with Morelos you might as well have a punt on that striker in Austria that is scoring hatfulls of goals.He would1nt be any worse that Wesley.

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

If your going with Morelos you might as well have a punt on that striker in Austria that is scoring hatfulls of goals.He would1nt be any worse that Wesley.

Haaland? Think he's way above what we can reasonably hope to get at the moment, no chance in hell we're getting him. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 2

I’m quite happy that I’ll be in Sri Lanka for the first two weeks of January, it’ll save me the inevitable disappointment of expecting a new striker every day. I want to return to news that we’ve signed a goal scorer, who’s made his debut and scored actual goals for us, and that we’re sat comfortably in mid table. Not too much to ask, is it? 

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Haaland? Think he's way above what we can reasonably hope to get at the moment, no chance in hell we're getting him. 

You’re probably right but I’d like to see us bid, you never know what can come off. 

• Like 1