New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

11 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I'm not writing wes off, however with only kodja and davis as back up, can we afford to wait till summer  or will we need to get a striker / forward player in January? And if so, who could we get ?

How about we get the rest of the team supporting him effectively before we write him off.

I agree we need a striker and winger for depth etc in Jan, but writing Wes off after 5 games is madness, if Wes isn't up to scratch the wingers and midfielders are also equally to blame for the fact they aren't supporting him well enough.......

I'm sure once the midfield and attack start playing better as a unit, they will all start to Improve as a group (hopefully they will improve).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

How about we get the rest of the team supporting him effectively before we write him off.

I agree we need a striker and winger for depth etc in Jan, but writing Wes off after 5 games is madness, if Wes isn't up to scratch the wingers and midfielders are also equally to blame for the fact they aren't supporting him well enough.......

I'm sure once the midfield and attack start playing better as a unit, they will all start to Improve as a group (hopefully they will improve).

He literally said he isnt writing him off. Jesus wept.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

What's the point of the thread though? We can moan about Wesley's finishing on the Wesley thread, and otherwise this is just a massive speculative list of strikers.

I didnt say there was a point? I was just assessing the second posters reading comprehension 😀

• Haha 1

Think we need a new winger more urgently and until then perhaps switch the midfield around a bit.

If Wesley hasn't found his mojo by January then yes, we might need to panic buy to save our season.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

What's the point of the thread though? We can moan about Wesley's finishing on the Wesley thread, and otherwise this is just a massive speculative list of strikers.

Can people read ?

I've asked 2 questions in this thread which if you want to answer, I would be interested in hearing. They aren't difficult questions, one is actually a yes or no answer and the other is more aimed at people who follow football widely and have ideas of who we could realistically get who would improve the 1st team squad options.

Kind of like a discussion,  you know ?, on a discussion board ?

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 2

I'd personally stick with Wes through the season. Davis and Kodija are decent back up. If one got a big injury I think then I'd look to get someone in but for now I think those 3 are enough. 

If I was DS I'd be looking at spending big on a proper winger in Jan. Someone with bags of pace which is what I think we're missing right now. 

• Like 2

I think we should let Kodija have a go if Wes is not going to start converting chances (he only had one good one last time out but he should've scored it). If he's not getting chances though then it's hard to blame him for not scoring them. I'd give Wes some more games but I'd be wanting a better return if he's going to keep his place, not necessarily goals either, he needs to be a reliable way to get us up the pitch and create if he's not going to score. If he doesn't perform then Kodija gets the shirt and if that doesn't work then Davis does. At that point we've got to January and should roll the dice on trying to get another centre forward, problem is, buying a center forward in Jan will result in paying waaaaay over the odds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Think we need a new winger more urgently and until then perhaps switch the midfield around a bit.

If Wesley hasn't found his mojo by January then yes, we might need to panic buy to save our season.

I agree, not breaking the bank for benrahma in the summer was the biggest mistake/let down of what was admittedly a very good window for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

In january ? Or do you think we can hold out until summer ? 

We're currently a minor injury or illness away from having to start Keinan Davis up front against arsenal. Another option is essential at the earliest opportunity, imo. 

• Like 1

Yes, New Forward is needed by started of January 1st. 

If we were go for Maupay the problem will solves I think Smith was want him first place and Jesus might one suggest Wesley and better value for future, in end mistake sign in my option, Original i want Maupay and other forward,  actually i was don't want Abraham as i don't think he will up to standard and he play brilliant for chelsea and prove me that i am wrong about him... but he is been ineffective for us in our last 5 games (might the reason JADED to make him poorly player? )  

Actually problem about our forward Wesley - as I been point these in his thread. 

there 3 (maybe 4) things cause - Wesley don't score or chance to covert goal. 

1. Positional Awareness - He is drop too deep, I think he should try "Shoulder on line" rather drop too deep often - I would understanding if Defend Phase, but he did it during Transaction Phase, this reason our creative often quick move to attack position and in turn Wesley is out of position to finisher so that why he don't got time to running right position cost our chance. 

he is keep in postional sense and off the ball, is poorly which hard to pass to him in forward area, make lack opening for our creative force, that why he lack in Half-Chance or Key Chance positional.. might i am wrong about this.

Potential of his is very good Team work forward which will great for us, but we need goal, that problem he don't provide that goal to help stay up premiership, maybe good enough to stay up, but last 5 games he don't helpfully - beside Everton's Game which he brilliant running in right area and right time, why not show rest of 5 games only one -  Everton - might his understand with jota is great and depend Jota form to make his chance better.

2. His Header ability is poorly which i often point to this and need more training on this, also running dynamic to header rather static to header that why opposite defender find easy defend against him in aerial... which not his fault that is not his playing style - so try Low Crossing or through pass so it is will solve his problem 

Potential if he do the crash course on this area and use weakness to strength with other area so we have winning and very good forward in at moment he is not good unfortunate.

West ham which if full wall like brick to stop through pass and long shot, header | High Cross easy defend but it is have weakness - fast and counter attack, low cross | lay to goal space player to exploit. This reason he is failed to create threat against west ham cos he drop too deep and give they organise to defend easy to give them more time.. that why it is work for him against Everton.

3. We don't play his strength and match his speed in transaction to attack, but in Everton, we play his strength give him ball and he move area he want, that we got give him space to creative for his dart running to ball to feet which is his strength rather crossing (header level) and we win counter attack and he was shoulder on line as we win balling fast that expect, if we don't win ball fast that why he started draft to deep to help defend, that why we don't match his speed to forward that why they easy find us defend like slow and static fly get Swat easy.

4.  I Think this is might 4th reason,
    our attack come from right, Wesley is did well to reaction this,
    and in our attack left, Wesley poor reaction it might lack to create chance for him

so play Targett might help better attack and overlap to him to free to running area with less double team on him, and isolate him ? due Guilbert and Jota, to help him to find space in our attack right?  and Targett crosser better that Taylor might benefit for him.

Is Davis answer half of Wesley - Shoulder on line and great support to around him, good header, good shot on him yet problem with him is bit slow - Better than Wesley, yet other problem with Davis - he is injury prone, and Don't enough to Threat in Box in premiership level, also he is don't good at get deep to carry forward, also he is often opening chance and he is didn't got enough to goal and he is prefer lay to around him, hope that crewe's games which he score and give him chance, we didn't give him chance after wesley perform poor, which we should give him starter vs Arsenal and Burnley if he failed both so revert to Wesley to starter it is worth to try.

Is Kodjia answer Half of Wesley - He good at carry ball to forward, but injury prone as well, and he is lazy don't help this team-mate as Wesley and Davis. Also he is not Team Player if he got ball and option is lay to team-mate with very opening to chance to goal or ... he got tiny chance to goal with defend to cover goal and goalkeeper cover goal too.. which option you kodjia will pick? answer is blast to goal with no chance to goal and moan to himself, even see his team-mate and didn't chance to give him it is tell about himself even I often thinking he is very talent forward I wish he is better that this. 

wish we mix both up into good even maybe bad cocktails of Kodjia and Davis into one to save money and problem forward.

Archer - He is caught my eyes and make me want watch him more games for senior, as his potential is way ahead for his age... I know it is Crewe and short time but around first team he is very good for novices players, I would love see him play on pitch as sub maybe push to starter i know he is likely not ready to play as first over but would like see him come on from sub rather Davis or Kodjia to promoting developed him rather go find buy him.

that reason January windows is need buy 1 or 2 winger and 1 forward will help our score forward problem. 

I wanted to see we go for  

Left Foot Right winger - 3 English base club - Lolley and bowen, Eliasson, 3 foreign team with gem players - Pelayo Morilla, Robert Skov, Louis Schaub,  - Use be played in English club and foreign team gem players,  Berghuis 

Note: I wish they sign Fabio Martins or Benrahma - (I reckon we go in for him again in Jan if El Ghazi and Hassan don't preform well.) both over Hassan first place for our Right Foot in Left Winger.

and Forward - it is hard to find and think one of several to pick one. maybe worth to risk try this - Jack Marriott, Sam Gallagher, Aleksandar Mitrovic

I think Mitrovic - is likely answer to our forward problem

• Like 4

Depends on money we have to spend in January will determine what level of striker we can get but we definitely need another one whether Wes is a success or not.  It was our weakness depth wise before the close of the window and is showing now.  

I cant decide what type of striker we need though....a fast nippy striker that can catch sleeping defences when we are counter attacking and Jack and co can slip a "against play" ball through to latch onto or do we want a big mega attitude that roughs up defenders and can bring others into play while snatching a few goals himself.

• Like 1