New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

4 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I think he's already spoken to clubs and decided his future. Looks a great talent though. 

Sure, other clubs might be able to offer him European football and a global stage but can they offer him a car share?

Doubtful.

Get him signed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Sure, other clubs might be able to offer him European football and a global stage but can they offer him a car share?

Doubtful.

Get him signed.

Maybe he's a big fan of Peter Kay?

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I was dreaming about a Benteke return, but having seen him play today against Brighton I'm not sure what he would do better than Wesley did last game.

He got much better as the game went on. In particular his hold up play in that second half was great, was aerially dominant and he threatened the keeper more than Wesley usually does.

Ain't just me, saying this, whoscored gave him an 7.5 rating for the game, that's a higher rating than Wesley has ever gotten from them in any performance for us aside from the Norwich match. He got a 6 from them at half time which essentially means they thought him to be useless for that first half but bumped up his score up to 7.5 purely on the basis of that second half.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

• 2 weeks later...

Still preferring us buying mitrovic, yes he signed a new contract, no we dont know if there was a buy out clause, but talk of la liga forwards and other country forwards just doesnt fill me with the confidence a uk based player would.

Linked with a 25 million plus forward on loan, Milot Rashica from Germany and guessing from journos of Spanish forward.

Mitrovic for me.

We need a proven goalscorer, not another punt in the dark at a striker we think might come good.

Mitrovic may cost us 30 million, but relegation will cost us a lot more. Every team around us in this relegation has a goalscorer apart from us and it's killing us.

5 hours ago, sne said:

Inspired by the poll in the "New manager should be" thread I though we could have one here as well.

Who do we demand the board buys?

Here are the only options you can vote for:

• Leo Messi
  • Alvaro Morata
  • Andy Carroll
  • Thierry Henry
  • Keep Wesley Moraes

Messi has talent but no PL experience so hands down Andy Carroll

• Like 1

Mitrovic scored 11 goals last season if he performed at the same level with us he'd likely score five or six goals in the half a season he'd have to try and help us survive, that isn't that much better than what we've seen from Wesley in the first half of the season.

5 hours ago, sne said:

Inspired by the poll in the "New manager should be" thread I though we could have one here as well.

Who do we demand the board buys?

Here are the only options you can vote for:

• Leo Messi
  • Alvaro Morata
  • Andy Carroll
  • Thierry Henry
  • Keep Wesley Moraes

All 5 please plus a winger and a centre midfielder.

Red card (or 2 yellow) for Morelos in the Old Firm. The second one for a dive in stoppage time.

Other than that he had a solid game if not great. Kept the CB's busy and all that :D 

No idea if he's PL standard after watching this.

On the opposing side Odsonne Edouard scored a goal for Celtic but it was a misplaced shot from a teammate that deflected off his hand and not intentional what so ever.

19 minutes ago, useless said:

Mitrovic scored 11 goals last season if he performed at the same level with us he'd likely score five or six goals in the half a season he'd have to try and help us survive, that isn't that much better than what we've seen from Wesley in the first half of the season.

Also 3 assists so he contributed towards 14 goals in 37 games.  Thats around 41% of all of Fulham’s goals. 

I vote for Thierry Henry.

We need some va-va-voom.

Or just that gal from the clio adverts in the 90s, nicole....papa.....nicole.....papa, she was hot, she would give the team some va-va-voom.

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, sne said:

Haaland gone to Dortmund for 22m so shockingly enough it won't be him.

Same fee we paid for Wes...

Incredible signing at the price isn't it? Thought he would go somewhere even bigger.

Although, it's a good move for both him and Dortmund, if he fulfills what his potential looks like he'll defo be off for over 100 mill in the next few years.

He looks the complete footballer.

Also, he wouldn't have come to us for even 50 mill, so comparing fees is futile. The same way Zlatan wouldn't come to us for free.

Have also seen that one of the reasons Wesley fee was so high was due to work permit workarounds.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Incredible signing at the price isn't it? Thought he would go somewhere even bigger.

Although, it's a good move for both him and Dortmund, if he fulfills what his potential looks like he'll defo be off for over 100 mill in the next few years.

He looks the complete footballer.

He had a buy out clause that they activated apparently. 

Very good bit of business.

Salzburg has brought in some very good players recently. We should bug their office and see if we can steal whoever they are bringing in to replace Haaland and Minamoto

Edited by sne
  • Like 1