New forward needed in January?

brummybloke

I'm hoping the delay is due to deliberation as to who is going to be a suitable investment and asset for this team.

A purchase to appease the fans and have a greater chance of accumulating points in the immediate future might seem like a must right now.

It could also mean we make a decision and commitment that consequently has us forego other striking options that could give us a better chance long term, over the season.

Seeing as we are limited in our capacity to bring in players, I'm quite happy to wait and see what comes of it all.

I'm sure if an undeniably prolific goalscorer had been available and within our grasp, the club would have moved.

Unfortunately it's not going to be so simple.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 2

Imo we have been caught cold with Wesley's injury. 

What it looks like to me is had Wesley not got injured we weren't going to go after a striker. Because it seems that despite it being obvious to everyone that he isn't a lone striker they still believe he is so was going to leave it. So they had done no preparation regarding a striker which is why we are nearly at the end of the window and no closer to getting a striker. 

Our player recruitment seem to be useless because it's looking like amateur hour at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuartc445 said:

What it looks like to me is had Wesley not got injured we weren't going to go after a striker. Because it seems that despite it being obvious to everyone that he isn't a lone striker they still believe he is so was going to leave it. So they had done no preparation regarding a striker which is why we are nearly at the end of the window and no closer to getting a striker. 

Our player recruitment seem to be useless because it's looking like amateur hour at the moment. 

I think we were looking for a short term backup to Wesley in this market. Now we probably need 2 so its muddled priorities. 

Able to pick up a keeper quickly so has me thinking positively at least we cam find somebody 

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

After two games without playing a recognised striker, it’s amazing this thread title still contains a question mark

Goes to show that Wes was more of a presence than many acknowledged.

I see commentary saying how we need to do better than Wes when recruiting this window.

I'm not sure great expectations are going to do much other than show that some supporters can be demanding and judgemental.

If we were poor with Wes, and dramatically poorer without him, it's going to take a very well considered investment to replace him, and then raise the standards above.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

It really does look that way, which is incredible considering we've known for 5 months our striker depth is absolutely non existant. Not only because Wesley has been largely our only option, but also cause Wesley has shown himself not to be good enough. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2020 at 23:08, brummybloke said:

Having looked at samatta again, for the €10 million he would cost, I would take the gamble. Then add another forward with prem experience. 

Cheap enough and scores with his head 😲

Come on, we have the 1st one, now for the 2nd please ( clearly wont be mitrovic who was my number 1 choice)

13 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Come on, we have the 1st one, now for the 2nd please ( clearly wont be mitrovic who was my number 1 choice)

We also have Wesley and Davis on the books, we’re not going to sustain the wages of a 4th player for one position.  

5 hours ago, LondonLax said:

We also have Wesley and Davis on the books, we’re not going to sustain the wages of a 4th player for one position.  

Well it looks like we have signed a 4th striker. May not be anyones choice bar the clubs though !