Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/19 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Would have taken this before the game as West Ham are playing well. But, it's a big concern how toothless we are. It's highlighting exactly why we should have moved heaven and earth to sign Benrahma and another striker in the summer.

Correct. Should have paid the money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

We really aren't very good

Agreed. Our defence is alright, but our midfield is weak and slow. We create nothing and we're toothless up front. Can't imagine there are 3 worse teams in the league tbh. Most games so far we're bullied all over the pitch. 

Even a man up, we were second to every ball and they had far more space than us. Very worrying. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We lack pace. Not a lover of Green but his pace off the bench would be handy in these games. 

Passing was awful all game. 

Wes is not going to score the goals we’d hoped for. Not getting a striker in the summer is still baffling. 

Subs today were odd (minus the Elmo one as Jota was on his feet). 

Early days still but worrying signs. 

Fredrick MOTM for us. 

I said earlier I’d take a point tonight but with the man advantage it’s irritating how we played. 

Arsenal will kill us. 

I cannot believe how bad our passing was and everybody was culpable.

We either gave it to them, passed too short to put our own player under pressure, or the passing was too slow.

Very poor. 

• Like 1

Jack has been poor for a few games now. He has a status were he can’t be subbed or benched it seems, but he needs to change his performances.

wesley is not doing it right now, but his support is poor as well. Jota only shows up in flashes and el Ghazi makes poor decisions.

i didn’t like smiths subs either, too defensive. Hourihane on instead of luiz and Davis sooner on for me

• Like 3

Engels & Guilbert played well. Grealish good in the 1st half.

We do look worryingly toothless, considering we were working on our attacking plays all fortnight in training.

Too much pondering on the ball, check back, play hospital pass, rinse, repeat. We had the better chances, but didnt give the crowd much to get behind, seemed very quiet in there tonight despite the attendance. 

Out the bottom 3 and another clean sheet- only positive. Opportunity missed, we never seem to capitalise on a man advantage.

• Like 2

Taking off the claret and blue specs.. oh...

I think a point was probably a fair result. We had the better chances, they looked more composed on the ball.

Tale of two halves for Jack, probably our best player in the first 45, possibly our worst in the second period.

Slightly disappointing we got worse with the man advantage, if anything it hindered our play with them sat back and hitting us on the counter.

Engels MOTM for me, had a really solid start to the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Kodj next game! West Ham are decent but yet again there for the taking tonight. Think Smith bottled it in front of the home fans a little. Should have brought on Hourahaine.

I was waiting for Lansbury or Hourihane, I think Luiz was fair enough but one of those two as well might have helped a bit.

Some really good stuff, some really poor judgement and mistakes as well. We're a really mixed bag at the moment, I can see us buying a striker in Jan to be honest. Some better decision making and cut out some of the unforced errors and we're very nearly there. Frustrating though tonight, got in some great positions and then the last pass was wrong or it never got played when it was on. 

Would have taken a point before the game though so I spose we can't be too disappointed but we made enough chances to win it really at then end just needed Jack to not snatch at that volley and wait for it to come to him. 

Onwards and upwards we'll keep improving, 4 points from our last 2 at home, win our next home game and our home form looks good enough to keep our points tally ticking over.

• Like 1

Â