Ratings & Reactions: Villa v West Ham

limpid

Match Polls  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/09/19 at 22:59

Thought Jack was maybe trying too hard as southgate was there , misplaced a few passes but he was still as good as any other midfielder out there today .. McGinn and Marvelous were well Marvelous at times

3 of the back line were pretty immense , once Targett is match fit and we upgrade on Taylor we will have a pretty decent unit there 

It’s just the front 3 that’s pants , Jota has been poor for me as has El G , Trez and Wesley  ... I’d start Davis tbh he did more when he came on than wesley but a long striker will still get isolated whoever we pick 

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Criticism is fine but our players are being torn apart in here tonight by our own fans. Expectations are far too high. This is going to be a rocky season with lots of ups and downs.

Do I think we will improve? Yes of course I do. I have seen enough in the games we have played to see we have good players all over the pitch. They have played 5 competitive games together and need time to gell. They will get better the more they play together. Most of these players have not played in this league before and are still adjusting to it. Time and patience is needed.

Torn apart...?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

A point at home to a midtable team should never be a 'good point' especially when they played a quarter of the match with ten men. Have to face reality at some point, can't hide forever in the happy place of the euphoria of the play-off win, that's gone now, people are allowed to hope for a win, no matter who we're playing, and feel disappointed if that win doesn't come about, no point in pretending everything is amazing, otherwise before you know it we'll be cut adrift in the place they call the relegation zone with no way of getting out.

I read that hoping you’d use another full stop.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Seriously, you are comparing Chelsea's challenges this season to ours? Behave.

Of course not...was just illustrating what a season in transition looks like. I define it as  one you essentially write off while you rebuild, which they are doing. We cannot however, as we'll go down

Anyway, it's pointless arguing over the definition of transition...5 games in now. We should be seeing more from the front 3

Just think we're really gonna struggle to score goals this season. We're not creating much but when we do Wesley isn't clinical enough to take the chances. First half he should have buried that Grealish cross. Surely a striker is going to be top of the January shopping list if things don't improve up top. 

Not convinced by any of our wingers either. Jota just looks a bit weak and lacking in quality at this level and gives the ball away too much. El Ghazi is too obvious in what he does and doesn't track back enough. Trezeguet could come good but hasn't looked up to it so far. I'm not sure if Benrahma would have made the difference there but he could hardly be worse than what we've got. 

Positives are the defence looks very good, I like the centre backs and Guilbert was a fantastic signing - was motm today for me. Marvelous fitted in well to the team tonight and apart from a couple of sloppy passes did a really good job anchoring the back four. 

Think we will be struggling much of this season unless we can pluck a goalscorer out the air. Wesley doesn't look up to it for me and we don't have any other options. Makes you wonder why we didn't get another striker in.

Disappointing result, if other teams like Norwich, Sheffield United, Brighton or whoever had have failed to win this game, we'd be saying that that would be a good result for us.

Edited by useless

Surprised at the criticism of Jack, yes he misplaced a few passes but in my mind he created and saved lots for us to offset them. Not great, but not bad either.

Wesley's job is to put chances away and he failed tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

I have done, thanks. Torn apart sounds unreasonable, you should illustrate your point with examples

I can't be bothered. If you think that what is written in this thread about our players is fair and balanced then you carry on.

• Like 1

Â