Cameron Archer

Zatman

On 30/04/2022 at 14:44, villa4europe said:

Just seen a video of him eating porridge on toast

Sell him, absolute wrong un 

Sounds like something @blandywould do. Over to the Gravy Feud thread with you. 

• Haha 1

Think we can all agree this was a successful loan for the lad. Good first team experience and a few goals. We know the Championship is a tough, physical league and he held his own.  Hope he makes an impression during pre season.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Will he be back training with the first team squad for the final 2 weeks of the season?

Not sure he or any of the loan players are eligible to play as the loans dont officially end until after the playoffs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Not sure he or any of the loan players are eligible to play as the loans dont officially end until after the playoffs

Yeah they can't register until next season. Still he can train with first team I think. So they can see how he's done

• Like 1

Aaron Ramsey is already back training with the first team squad, any of Seb Revan, Kesler-Hayden, Archer, Azaz, Wright and Marschall who are required to train with the first team will presumably be back as well, would certainly imagine Kesler-Hayden and Archer will be back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Great spell, I'd like to see him out on loan for a season to a top championship club, someone that can give him a chance to score 20 or more in a season.

That’s the real test for me. When he gets 20+ down there, you know he has a chance of making it. 

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s the real test for me. When he gets 20+ down there, you know he has a chance of making it. 

Except if your name is Mitrovic.

:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Except if your name is Mitrovic.

:ph34r:

He’s certainly an interesting one! 

I like what I’ve seen of Archer but another loan won’t hurt. 

I don’t think he’s better than Watkins or Ings and I think we may even sign another striker in the Summer. 

read the Preston boards and they of course want him back but they did raise an issue which i agree with, id assume villa will take a proper look at him this summer giving him pre season games etc maybe we sign a new striker but I'm not sure that we will, if we were to let him go out on loan it would be at the end of the window and not at the start which can limit where he goes 

i think we do the same as this season, keep him on the books, give him the cup games, have him in the squad, assess him again in Jan if he still hasnt broken through

if we play 2 up top he will break through IMO he'll end the season as a starter

edit - are the championship playing games through the world cup or also stopping? 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

read the Preston boards and they of course want him back but they did raise an issue which i agree with, id assume villa will take a proper look at him this summer giving him pre season games etc maybe we sign a new striker but I'm not sure that we will, if we were to let him go out on loan it would be at the end of the window and not at the start which can limit where he goes 

i think we do the same as this season, keep him on the books, give him the cup games, have him in the squad, assess him again in Jan if he still hasnt broken through

if we play 2 up top he will break through IMO he'll end the season as a starter

edit - are the championship playing games through the world cup or also stopping? 

I can see the same situation, he'll stay around until January. He'll get cup games and mins off the bench. He'll be training with quality players and coaches. I also think we'll probably have a 2nd mini pre season during the world cup as there is a 6 week gap between games from 12th Nov to 26th Dec. I can't see the first team being told to go away on holiday.

I'd say training games will be planned. Lots of time Gerrard will have with the players which will be a factor in loaning players out. KKH, Archer, Carney etc.. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I can see the same situation, he'll stay around until January. He'll get cup games and mins off the bench. He'll be training with quality players and coaches. I also think we'll probably have a 2nd mini pre season during the world cup as there is a 6 week gap between games from 12th Nov to 26th Dec. I can't see the first team being told to go away on holiday.

I'd say training games will be planned. Lots of time Gerrard will have with the players which will be a factor in loaning players out. KKH, Archer, Carney etc.. 

I'm sure SG will arrange a mini pre-season during World Cup, but we could have a fair few players away at it:

Martínez
Buendía (possibly)
Cash
Mings
Luiz (possibly)
McGinn (possibly)
Watkins (possibly)
Coutinho
Digne

Edited by duke313

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I'm sure SG will arrange a mini pre-season during World Cup, but we could have a fair few players away at it:

Martínez
Buendía (possibly)
Cash
Mings
Luiz (possibly)
McGinn (possibly)
Watkins (possibly)
Coutinho
Digne

McGinn and Cash if they both go to tournament will not go far in it. Buendia and Watkins I think will struggle to make the squad. Luiz won't be here. 

Also the senior players aren't really the ones who will need training games you'd imagine. Having Archer, Carney, Iroegbunam, KKH etc.. around for first half of season will give them  a lot of time with the coaches. Plus hopefully an easier FA Cup tie in JAn

Â