Cameron Archer

Zatman

Just now, CVByrne said:

McGinn and Cash if they both go to tournament will not go far in it. Buendia and Watkins I think will struggle to make the squad. Luiz won't be here. 

Also the senior players aren't really the ones who will need training games you'd imagine. Having Archer, Carney, Iroegbunam, KKH etc.. around for first half of season will give them  a lot of time with the coaches. Plus hopefully an easier FA Cup tie in JAn

So Man Utd then 🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Give him another season at Preston if he’s enjoying it. 

then he will be ready if he hits 20 goals in a season and we can cash in on one of our strikers.

unless he is coming back to play regularly he’s young enough to loan for another season and learn his craft a bit more 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, peterw said:

I'd move him on from preston - someone like Norwich - a side pushing for promotion who are looking for a forward.

TBH, I can also see Deano inquiring about a few of our youngsters to take on loan next season.  Archer, JPB, KKH, Carney, Aaron Ramsey, and Iroegbunam would all be good options for Norwich, as well as Davis, Hause, and El Ghazi as full on signings for them.

you could be right. If Aarons does leave them then KKH would be a good fit. Saying that, Gerrard may want to keep hima round the first team until at least the January window and take it from there.carney won't be going anywhere on loan nexty season - one year left on a contract he's either re-signing and will be with the matchday squad, running down the contract in which case he'll be in his own bomb squad, or off. JPB is an interesting one though. Kind of off the radar although highly rated. I think he may well be sold as one who is a nearly but not quite. If Forest don't go up I'd expect Norwich to buy him. Good shout with El Ghazi, too.

If he goes anywhere I'd like it to be PNE. Lowe is a good young manager who's looking to build something there and Archer is exactly the kind of player he likes. If he goes back he'll get plenty of game time in a system that will help him thrive. We don't want another Barry situation where they go to a strong team with plenty of options and find themselves struggling to get on the bench for 5 months. 

Needs to go to a promotion pushing team who are going to create the chances he needs. 

I can see him doing a Tammy and bagging 20 - 25 goals in a promotion season and it really be the making of him. 

31 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Needs to go to a promotion pushing team who are going to create the chances he needs. 

I can see him doing a Tammy and bagging 20 - 25 goals in a promotion season and it really be the making of him. 

Yeah I'd go with this. Needs to play with a top Championship team. Send him to Deano

Isn't he 21?

The right age to be playing for Villa to be honest. Other clubs are not afraid to play younger players - how else is he going to get experience in the "top flight".

Gary Shaw was 21 when he won the European Cup with us in 81.......

Regards

Derek

• Like 1

11 hours ago, peterw said:

I'd move him on from preston - someone like Norwich - a side pushing for promotion who are looking for a forward.

Deano knows him well too.

Sure there is even a photo floating about of him with Deano when he was a kid!

5 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Or if he goes to Preston does he make them a promotion chasing team? Do they sneak the playoffs if he's there all season? He would be a guaranteed starter and get 20 goals I think 

Norwich for example have puuki already so whilst I think we should try and move some players on to deano I'm not sure archer is one of them, we could try and plug the gilmour gap with a CM which we have and for both their sake I hope we sell them el ghazi and he has a great year down there 

11 hours ago, peterw said:

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Deano knows him well too.

Sure there is even a photo floating about of him with Deano when he was a kid!

I think Archer needs to go on loan for a full season next year (in the champ), he isnt too old either, the same age as when Tammy was with us, a full season would do him good.

I wouldnt send him to Norwich tho, they play with 1 striker and have Pukki, who is a proven and season championship performer, he needs to go somewhere where he is a starter and gaining experience, not as backup to probably one of the best strikers in the league.

Ofc, i agree he should go to a team that plays the right way, and is aiming higher up the table, but Norwich would be a terrible choice imo.

• Like 1

wherever he goes, he will get goals, thats for sure.

equally, there have been times this season when we are through on goal and this guy would have buried them. maybe we could make use of him in the first team. I think he would be ready to play a part in our season for sure. on the other hand, surely a full season of championship football with a team toward the top of the table or gunning for promotion can't hurt. his stock will be high this year and many clubs will want him for the season.

Â