Cameron Archer

Zatman

England U21 game later today against Czech Republic is being stream on youtube and Iplayer. Balogun seems to be first choice, but four games in the next ten days, so he should at least get a chance at some point, especially as he and Balogun are the only real out and out strikers in the squad. Lot of highly rated youngsters in the squad, if he can do well amongst them, it's going to enhance his reputation even more.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

England U21 game later today against Czech Republic is being stream on youtube and Iplayer. Balogun seems to be first choice, but four games in the next ten days, so he should at least get a chance at some point, especially as he and Balogun are the only real out and out strikers in the squad. Lot of highly rated youngsters in the squad, if he can do well amongst them, it's going to enhance his reputation even more.

Hows Balogun above Archer anyways? 
How many goals did Balogun score in the championship?

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Hows Balogun above Archer anyways? 
How many goals did Balogun score in the championship?

Archer (Loan Preston + Cup running) way ahead Score more Than Balogun (Loan Middlesbrough), But accord Stats Balogun goal better record & ratio in England that he did loan club.

I would playing Archer over him.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

Archer scored seventeen goals this season just gone against first team opposition, whereas Balogun scored five goals. To be fair to Balogun his stats don't look too bad at championship level, as didn't play as many minutes as Archer, but then unless he was injured you have to ask why he couldn't get more game time in a Middlesbrough attack that doesn't really have the greatest of options, and looking on one of their forums they don't seem to exactly rate him all that highly.

Anyone think QPR will go for him now that Beale is there? Or is there a chance he might go back to Preston? Can't see him being part of our squad just yet. One more full season in the Championship will do him good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Anyone think QPR will go for him now that Beale is there? Or is there a chance he might go back to Preston? Can't see him being part of our squad just yet. One more full season in the Championship will do him good. 

I think we'll be looking to loan him a to a team at the top end of the Championship this time. So neither QPR nor Preston.

9 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think we'll be looking to loan him a to a team at the top end of the Championship this time. So neither QPR nor Preston.

More important he plays every week then gets a move to the big time and bright lights of, say,  Sheffield United or Huddersfield. It’s all something of a muchness. But I agree better teams will be after him. 

Id happily send archer to norwich under smith if they were interested. He would do very well there in my opinion.

Btw that was a bad miss by him yesterday. Should have scored that, but did excellently to get in the position for that opportunity 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, theboyangel said:

But Archer plays for us whilst Balogun plays for Arsenal - I know who’ll be starting tonight’s game (and it won’t be Archer 😥

18 hours ago, useless said:

Archer scored seventeen goals this season just gone against first team opposition, whereas Balogun scored five goals. To be fair to Balogun his stats don't look too bad at championship level, as didn't play as many minutes as Archer, but then unless he was injured you have to ask why he couldn't get more game time in a Middlesbrough attack that doesn't really have the greatest of options, and looking on one of their forums they don't seem to exactly rate him all that highly.

I’d say it’s more to do with the fact that Balogun has played all the through the age groups, whereas Archer is a late bloomer and only played for U20s once in November. Whilst I’m no fan of Southgate, they are fairly consistent like that with playing people throughout the age group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Id happily send archer to norwich under smith if they were interested. He would do very well there in my opinion.

Btw that was a bad miss by him yesterday. Should have scored that, but did excellently to get in the position for that opportunity 

A striker that missed a chance that he really should have scored?

Sounds like he’d fit right in alongside Watkins and Ings.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he should’ve hit the target, but it’s not a woeful miss. He’s got to get it past the keeper on his (presumed) weaker side. 

It's a miss, it's not a bad miss

I thought he wanted the ball earlier, he seemed to be struggling to hold his run back, if he got that ball earlier he'd have had more space to work with and maybe a better angle 

As it was theres not a fat lot else he can do there on his weaker foot, if he'd have hit it the required 5cm to squeeze it in at the far post the keeper would have saved it so he always had to shape it away from him, it's far harder than it looked, probably easier to close his eyes and blast it and see what happens but went for the harder proper finish instead 

Â