Cameron Archer

Zatman

He should’ve been given a start tonight. Just ridiculous that he wasn’t. 

It’s a shame he’s probably going to have to go out on loan again because he really doesn’t need one. Unfortunately it’s pretty obvious that Gerrard wasn’t ever actually going to give him a chance. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

V impressive when he came on last night. Could be worth sending him on loan to the Championship until the World Cup while Gerrard figures out what he wants he first team to look like then get him back and getting regular minutes in the second half of the season.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He can't go on loan. We play with 2 forwards quite often, we can't be in a situation where we have no other forward at the club. 

Agreed. He really should be given minutes. Watkins just isn’t cutting it at all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Farlz said:

He should’ve been given a start tonight. Just ridiculous that he wasn’t. 

It’s a shame he’s probably going to have to go out on loan again because he really doesn’t need one. Unfortunately it’s pretty obvious that Gerrard wasn’t ever actually going to give him a chance. 

Hardly a ridiculous decision imo. We have been underperforming and desperately needed a win and something positive out of the game to get some confidence back. This was most important for our starting strikers, also Ings played really well so....

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He can't go on loan. We play with 2 forwards quite often, we can't be in a situation where we have no other forward at the club. 

Exactly, in that situation you'd even want 4 strikers let alone 3. But we often start with 1, so 3 in the squad is ok.

He will get time, even though it's crazy he didn't start last night or at least get more than 10 minutes. And I still predict he'll be first choice by the end of the season.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Exactly, in that situation you'd even want 4 strikers let alone 3. But we often start with 1, so 3 in the squad is ok.

He will get time, even though it's crazy he didn't start last night or at least get more than 10 minutes. And I still predict he'll be first choice by the end of the season.

Will be get time though? He couldn't even be trusted to play in a 2 against Bolton with either 30m England International guiding him.

If I was his advisor or family I'd tell him to get in that office today and demand a loan.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Will be get time though? He couldn't even be trusted to play in a 2 against Bolton with either 30m England International guiding him.

If I was his advisor or family I'd tell him to get in that office today and demand a loan.

It’ll probably be forced at some point through injury, but I can certainly see that point of view. Not that we would accept if we don’t bring anyone else in.

9 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Agreed. He really should be given minutes. Watkins just isn’t cutting it at all. 

He’s played 204 mins and scored a goal and assisted two, that’s not bad

edit: I think archer will get his chance soon

Edited by alreadyexists

I felt he should have been in the first raft of subs when we quickly went two goals ahead. 

He only got nine minutes and was involved a heck of a lot in that time with good runs, good link up, and got a couple of chances. 

I think our poor start to the season made SG go strong and cut of Archer's and Tim's chances of having a substantial bit of time in the match.

On 22/08/2022 at 08:19, sidcow said:

You are such a card.   Good one😂😂

On 21/08/2022 at 23:29, dounavilla said:

You make stuff up.

"Option to BUY"

Gerrard doesn't have the time to develop and play Archer. He even said in the summer he would listen to offers to sell him. 

Edited by messi11

Â