Cameron Archer

Zatman

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t know where it’s coming from now and why it’s being brought up. But back in April, Gregg Evans (I know) quoted SG as saying we would be willing to sell Archer for a “lot of money” - just Google it or search Twitter, you’ll find it quite easily.

Even if true, I have no idea as to the context of those words. Could have been said jokingly or just another way of saying it would cost more to an anyone would be willing to pay to take him off our hands.

It’s BS basically, I don’t know why it’s been regurgitated now…

Making up shit helps nobody…

I’m sure it all stemmed from Gerrard telling the Preston manager he would cost millions, not that he was saying he was available 

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

If Gerrard is party to, or encouraging Acher to be sold, then I will never forgive Gerrard even if villa win on Sunday I will be calling for the sacking of Gerrard.

Shocking to even hear unsubstantiated rumours of Archer potentially being sold ....why would we want to do that? I cannot think of one reason to sell such a young talented player

It's made up bullshit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Messi 11 made one of his random obviously trolling posts yesterday and then it gathered momentum.

I can't believe people are even considering this. lol

Technically some Belgian journo tweeted it first that Burnldy would loan with an option to buy then backtracked that English wasnt his first language

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Technically some Belgian journo tweeted it first that Burnldy would loan with an option to buy then backtracked that English wasnt his first language

And Gerrards own mouth said he would sell him for the right fee. I was just quoting from Gerrard

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

And Gerrards own mouth said he would sell him for the right fee. I was just quoting from Gerrard

When/where did he say that, I can only find links to Greg Evans' opinion about Archer where he thinks Archer would be sold for the right price. Do u have a link?

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

When/where did he say that, I can only find links to Greg Evans' opinion about Archer where he thinks Archer would be sold for the right price. Do u have a link?

So if you get your naughts out Archer is yours! For sale

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Right, so the fact that months have past since then.

And a decision was made to keep him, PLUS give him a new contract, hasn't indicated any sort of difference hey?

That also sounds like it was almost in jest as wellanyway, we've spent way too much time on a non story.

• Sad 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Right, so the fact that months have past since then.

And a decision was made to keep him, PLUS give him a new contract, hasn't indicated any sort of difference hey?

That also sounds like it was almost in jest as wellanyway, we've spent way too much time on a non story.

Months past and he still wont start him in the league cup against Bolton :(  10 lousy minutes. 

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

And do you actually believe that Gerrard is saying Archer is for sale at the right price based on that? Seriously, Gerrard and Lowe are mates, PNE don't have naughts to spend on players. It is clearly a joke and telling the guy that he is not for sale and Villa rate him very highly. Turning that into Gerrard said Archer is for sale at the right place is ragtop clickbait nonsense

11 minutes ago, messi11 said:

We've decide to run with a story from June, and ignore all the happened NGS in between.

This is almost like me reposting a story saying that Ollie is being sold, quoting a tabloid story from the end of the season, and then ignoring Gerrard saying Ollie is going nowhere at a later date.

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/match-report/preston-wigan-athletic-jordan-storey/

Steven Gerrard kills off Preston's hopes of Cameron Archer deal

“We’ve made a decision with Cameron Archer that he’ll be staying in the door,” said Gerrard. “He will be part of the first team group and he needs to be ready when called upon to contribute to the team,” he added.

This is a blow for North End but one many of us expected; Archer was just too good in his time at Preston last season. "

And to the most bleedingly obvious:

" Cameron Archer has spoken of his joy after putting pen to paper on a new deal at Aston Villa.

The 20-year-old striker has signed a five-year contract at Villa Park on the eve of the 2022/23 season.

Archer enjoyed a prolific campaign last term, netting 10 goals in five cup games, before bagging seven on loan at Preston North End during the second half of the season. "

WE can't just run stories in alternate timelines ffs.

In other news, Jack Grealish might be staying.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

And do you actually believe that Gerrard is saying Archer is for sale at the right price based on that? Seriously, Gerrard and Lowe are mates, PNE don't have naughts to spend on players. It is clearly a joke and telling the guy that he is not for sale and Villa rate him very highly. Turning that into Gerrard said Archer is for sale at the right place is ragtop clickbait nonsense

We got 7 days left of the transfer market so we will see. I guess if 20 mill come in we would seriously consider it.  
Archer is our future i'd like to see him get more of a chance. I guess Gerrard cant afford to take risks right now and develop any players, Its all about keeping his job. That's understandable .

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

We got 7 days left of the transfer market so we will see. I guess if 20 mill come in we would seriously consider it.  
Archer is our future i'd like to see him get more of a chance. I guess Gerrard cant afford to take risks right now and develop any players, Its all about keeping his job. That's understandable .

I get that, and yes every player has a price and I have no problem with the club selling any of our players for crazy money. But I can still see that Gerrard's quote is a joke and it is not saying he would sell him this summer

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We've decide to run with a story from June, and ignore all the happened NGS in between.

This is almost like me reposting a story saying that Ollie is being sold, quoting a tabloid story from the end of the season, and then ignoring Gerrard saying Ollie is going nowhere at a later date.

https://www.deepdaledigest.com/match-report/preston-wigan-athletic-jordan-storey/

Steven Gerrard kills off Preston's hopes of Cameron Archer deal

“We’ve made a decision with Cameron Archer that he’ll be staying in the door,” said Gerrard. “He will be part of the first team group and he needs to be ready when called upon to contribute to the team,” he added.

This is a blow for North End but one many of us expected; Archer was just too good in his time at Preston last season.

WE can't just run stories in alternate timelines ffs.

In other news, Jack Grealish might be staying.

“We’ve made a decision with Cameron Archer that he’ll be staying in the door,”

We will see if Gerrard is a man of his words. Next thursday gonna be good.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Week left of the transfer window. Hope we dont sell him

U can say that about any of our players, there is NOTHING to suggest we are selling Archer and SG has actually stated he is going to be part of our 1st team this season. Just drop the narrative, its daft. 

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

U can say that about any of our players, there is NOTHING to suggest we are selling Archer and SG has actually stated he is going to be part of our 1st team this season. Just drop the narrative, its daft. 

Would you be disappointed if we loan him out after Gerrard said he is going to be part of the 1st team this season?

Â