Cameron Archer

Zatman

30 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

This will be a lost year in his development if he warms the bench getting 3 minutes here and there, needs to desperately go out on loan!

Hopefully the new manager can see what he offers and start him. We’re damaging everything with Gerrard. But we’re short of squad anyway. 

Guy was hot on a form, scoring every game. Even in pre season scored twice. and now it was all for nothing, confidence been been destroyed by Gerrard. 
Wont get any starts here this season

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

Guy was hot on a form, scoring every game. Even in pre season scored twice. and now it was all for nothing, confidence been been destroyed by Gerrard. 
Wont get any starts here this season

The bigger problem is who are we playing instead of him? 😅

It's a very good problem to have. A lot of clubs are struggling to get 1 or 2 strikers in their squads, so for us to have 3 that are all prem quality is great. He'll be learning and improving out on the training pitch with the quality of the facilities and the playing squad, I'm not worried about his development yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Personally don’t think someone starting ever lifts the crowd, more noise is made if he came on as a sub

Come on now. You've heard the crowd's excitement when a player gains possession and does something special with it, and consequently the next time that player has it, the crowd's anticipation sends a shockwave echoing throughout.

Equally when the disdain for a player reverberates the same way.

Judging by the English Villa contingency I sat among in Perth for the United pre season game, I wouldn't put it beyond the crowd to let Archer know.

I've never been so impressed with a group of pissed blokes ranting on in my life. It was worth enduring torrential downpour mid-winter to be among them. Anyone there knows until Bailey scored, the only presence Villa had in that stadium was a vastly outnumbered Villa crowd singing..

"THE VILLA BOYSSS ARE ON A BENDER.. MASON GREENWOOD'S A SEX OFFENDER"

And many more I didn't recite, as much as I'd like to of. Honestly I don't think I'll experience another crowd like the Villa chants and the genius behind it all, and I've been to the MCG with over 100,000 fans packed in for finals football.

You lot are a special breed. 

Let Archer know!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John said:

I see he's out of the England U21 squad despite scoring in his last game for them. Looks like Lee Carsley is following the Southgate selection guidelines.:rolleyes: 

Tbf hes barely kicked a ball this season, can't blame carsley here.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Tbf hes barely kicked a ball this season, can't blame carsley here.

Indeed. We've took a kid in hot form last season, kept him here, and have given him 17 minutes of football across 3 matches, 7 games into the season. We've cost him both his England squad place and a chance to continue his good form. It's a really shit way to treat young talent. Hopefully he gets a good run out tonight

Edited by Davkaus

Â