Cameron Archer

Zatman

Just now, messi11 said:

Would you be disappointed if we loan him out after Gerrard said he is going to be part of the 1st team this season?

Yes, I want to see him play in the first team. Ideally, I would like to see us sell Ings and replace him with a younger striker that is higher profile to Ollie so he would come in as the senior striker. But I am talking about the selling him comments, it isn't happening.

7 hours ago, messi11 said:

No🤣 i'm just quoting Gerrard.
Like Peter Griffin, I just want Archer to be given a fair chance in the first team. I was disappointed  he didn't start against Bolton, that was the chance to give him a start. Its not like we learnt anything new about Ings and Watkins against Bolton was it?

Saying we’re going to sell him isn’t quoting Gerrard. 

Just now, messi11 said:

3 poxy minutes. 10 poxy minutes against bolton.
Gerrard is ruining this kid

Yup. It's **** criminal. He should be off playing 90 minutes every week on loan if this is how we want to use him.

• Like 2

When it was announced he was staying and would be part of the first team squad I was sceptical, as it came right after we sold Chukwuemeka to Chelsea, it felt to me like the club trying to push Archer as the next big hopeful from the academy that would be part of the first team, to distract from the fact that we had just sold our best academy player. I'm not sure there was ever much intention to use him much this season.

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Gerrard is not gonna play the kids when his job is on the line.

Exactly. I don’t think SG was planning to play the kids much anyway as he wants quick results. But when he’s about to be sacked, he won’t do it at all. Let’s hope this doesn’t get drawn out.

• Like 2

Its hard on the lad but with Gerrard desperately needing a result i can see why hes not getting a lookin when you have ings, watkins, coutinho and Bailey as attacking options. I think he should just roll the dice and pick him anyway. 

What was the actual F’ing point?!? McGinn should have gone off instead of Luiz by the way!

’Captain doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed a game’ blah, blah, blah, bollocks

Archer’s good enough, give him a chance, at least 20-30 mins

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Its hard on the lad but with Gerrard desperately needing a result i can see why hes not getting a lookin when you have ings, watkins, coutinho and Bailey as attacking options. I think he should just roll the dice and pick him anyway. 

Can't score a goal and doesnt put on a striker. Nope Gerrard is a clearing in the woods

McLeish put Weimann on in a similar type game but we needed to win to stay up or pull away from safety. What happened Weimann scored

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Farlz said:

His treatment towards Archer has been absolutely criminal. 

He never once intended to give the lad any sort of chance this season, just more of the usual bollocks from Gerrard. 

That's the dangerous thing. It didn't take people long to see that Gerrard talks absolute rubbish when it comes to team selections, and will literally always pick his favourites.

• Like 1

Man management at its worst bringing on the lad for his home debut with 3 mins to go and then being part of the team being boo'd off.

Ings off at 70mins and then Archer on the the last 20, I am convinced Cam would have scored for us. He showed more movement in the spam penalty area in the 3 mins he was on then most of the villa team in the previous 87 mins

• Like 1

Â