Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

BBC live streaming Luton’s public promotion celebration party and they had Marv up on stage, asked him if he’d be back next season and he said hopefully. They’re desperate for him to stay on, he’s really made himself a home there, good for him.

That alone adds 10m to the fee 😈

On 28/05/2023 at 13:08, It's Your Round said:

Too late, the seeds were already sown. 

Always greener on the other side. Maybe go to Turf Moor? 

• Haha 2

On 27/05/2023 at 20:59, Xela said:

We don't sell him and he ends up leaving for free in 12 months?

£5m and i'd snap their hands off. £10m and they can have Keinan and Hause as well!

I think you're being a little too lenient with fees there mate.

I think Marvelous would command £15m alone in today's market, even with only a year left on his contract.

Personally, I would keep him here for this season as a squad player since we have the league and 3 cup competitions on the go.

• Shocked 1

Read some report suggesting villa would cancel his contract to allow him to go to Luton on a free.

What a ludicrous suggestion !

10m would mean we have not lost money on him and would be a very cheap premier league signing.

If we can shift on the players who won't be given a look in next season, we should, but not just give ones away who have a value.

• Like 3

Torn, could very well be a useful squad player next season with the extra competition to play in, equally I like him on a personal level and would love him to play somewhere where he's happy and feels loved next season.

27 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Read some report suggesting villa would cancel his contract to allow him to go to Luton on a free.

10m would mean we have not lost money on him and would be a very cheap premier league signing.

If we can shift on the players who won't be given a look in next season, we should, but not just give ones away who have a value.

It depends how you measure it. If you mean the total expenditure on the player, no it won't, because we paid £11m for him spread over 4 seasons plus about £8.5m in salary, so we'd need to get north of £20m to have truly 'not lost money on him'. 

However, by the magic of amortisation, his book value after 3 of those 4 seasons is now between £2.5m and £3m, so in another sense we will make an FFP profit on anything above £3m. 

I would suggest it's more useful to us to get him off the books than to make a very high profit which risks putting Luton off. Therefore, I'd be happy with anything over £3m, and it would hardly be a disaster if it was lower. 

33 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I kind of agree with you.

I think of all of the players we are looking to move on, Marvelous is the best of a bad bunch and probably the only one I would definately like to see stay rather than give him away for peanuts.

Only a year left on deal I belive so suspect a deal will be found for Luton to get him realatively cheaply and we get some return back.Alternatively perhaps another loan with a loan fee and wages covered.

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Only a year left on deal I belive so suspect a deal will be found for Luton to get him realatively cheaply and we get some return back.Alternatively perhaps another loan with a loan fee and wages covered.

3 mill + 2 if they stay up. 

Sounds fair to me. 

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That alone adds 10m to the fee 😈

The good ole Mings hostage situation...  As Smith put it, they had to pay over the odds for him because it "felt like your son was being held for ransom".

49 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think you're being a little too lenient with fees there mate.

I think Marvelous would command £15m alone in today's market, even with only a year left on his contract.

Personally, I would keep him here for this season as a squad player since we have the league and 3 cup competitions on the go.

I can't see us getting £15m for him, he's done OK for us but never established himself as a first team regular at this level which I think caps his value, as does the fact he's only got 12 months left and doesn't appear to have a place in our squad, plus he's 30 next season so no resale value for whoever buys him.

With him being a Luton fan favourite perhaps that could help us pressure them into a few more million than otherwise but I think £5-10m is the most likely outcome, unless we are able to pull their pants down like Bournemouth did to us over Mings (great signing but we paid double what he was worth at the time). I reckon Luton will be looking at the PL money as a means to finance club improvements such as their new new stadium etc rather than to blow all on players, could be wrong though. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

I can't see us getting £15m for him, he's done OK for us but never established himself as a first team regular at this level which I think caps his value, as does the fact he's only got 12 months left and doesn't appear to have a place in our squad, plus he's 30 next season so no resale value for whoever buys him.

With him being a Luton fan favourite perhaps that could help us pressure them into a few more million than otherwise but I think £5-10m is the most likely outcome, unless we are able to pull their pants down like Bournemouth did to us over Mings (great signing but we paid double what he was worth at the time). I reckon Luton will be looking at the PL money as a means to finance club improvements such as their new new stadium etc rather than to blow all on players, could be wrong though. 

That's a fair analysis of the situation.

Hopefully they pay us atleast double figures for Marv considering he is one of their best players this season and a fan favourite like you say.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KMitch said:

The good ole Mings hostage situation...  As Smith put it, they had to pay over the odds for him because it "felt like your son was being held for ransom".

Aston Villa, the masters of the dark arts 

I think the very most we will get is £5m, and a saving on our wage bill. I don’t think Luton will go on a trolley dash splurge like Forest did, I see them banking the funds, and being more on the Norwich level of spending. I imagine the fee will probably be undisclosed fee, so we will never really know.

I wish Marvelous well, he has been a solid pro who hasn’t quite cemented a regular first team spot with us. We have moved up a level in quality since we purchased him, and with Marv coming up to 30 he needs regular football and he can do that in the PL with Luton. Good luck MN, just not against us. 😉

• Like 2

Â