Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

On 02/05/2023 at 00:43, VillaChris said:

Can see Sheffield United being interested if Luton don't go up (and even then they might still take him as they sign players for 2m + these days).

I don't see why Luton wouldn't want him, as he's been doing so well there, but I bet they will want to try getting another season long loan, as would other Championship clubs. If they do get up, will they do a Forest and forget the loan player that contributed to getting them there? I hope Marv attracts a decent club, if it doesn't turn out to be Luton. 🤞

Pleased for him. Presumably he'll move there full time either way, still has a year left this summer I think so we should get a fee for him.

He does some things very well, and is limited in others, but always gave everything and seems a nice guy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Condimentalist said:

Pleased for him. Presumably he'll move there full time either way, still has a year left this summer I think so we should get a fee for him.

He does some things very well, and is limited in others, but always gave everything and seems a nice guy.

He may even get a move to a bigger team to be fair ( Recently relegated or promoted to PL etc )

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Whichever division they are in next year, he will be a very good addition to the team. He is good enough for the prem i reckon, perhaps not good enough for where we want to be, but with a fanbase who adore him and manager who rates him and plays regularly, i think he would hold down a midfield spot in that team in the prem. He is their 'Tyrone Mings 2019', the move just fits and looks right for all parties!

He's a solid lower half Prem DM.  Will be good enough to try to keep them up, but I don't think he's good enough to be a regular in a team pushing for Europe.  

• Like 2

He’s def prem standard. Pre injury under Gerrard he was our most important player. Not ‘new Villa’ standard but def good enough for a newly promoted team or a bottom 5 team. 

• Like 3

We know he can do a job in the PL he has over 50 caps for us. He always seemed to do his job when played in the correct role. Plus he's obviously a great human being and everything he's done through his Foundation for kids back in his home country. I really hope Luton win the final so he can enjoy the love from the Luton fans and I would assume they would sign him permanently too in such a scenario

13 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

What's he worth, £10m? If we can get half a Torres for him and Davis we've done pretty well.

Sadly not. Last year of contract amd not wanted here. Probably get 3/4 million if a team like Luton chasing him

Maybe offer him in part exchange for a player from teams going down. Ward-Prowse? Barnes if Leicester go. Gnonto from Leeds? Proved he can do a job in the Championship and those teams could afford his wages. 

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sadly not. Last year of contract amd not wanted here. Probably get 3/4 million if a team like Luton chasing him

Which would still count as profit on the FFP accounts due to his book value depreciation over the course of his contract .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Maybe offer him in part exchange for a player from teams going down. Ward-Prowse? Barnes if Leicester go. Gnonto from Leeds? Proved he can do a job in the Championship and those teams could afford his wages. 

£4m off £25m-£35m? On average players? No thanks 

3 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Absolutely thrilled for him, bloke’s a hero he’s funded  nearly a million tuition fees for underprivileged kids in Bulawayo. Smith had and emphasis on signing good humble people they certainly got it right with Nakamba.

I think UE has the same Mantra.......Powerful stuff.

• Like 1

Â