Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

11 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Was it though?

The bloke had got no idea what he was doing?

he didnt need to know what he was doing, he possessed a bit of magic.

No brained signing for anyone next season expecting to battle relegation.

Can't be on more than 30k a week. Small fee. Humble guy and has proven to be a tidy player. First season looked a rabbit in the headlights at times with his touch and being pressed. But he's shown he can actually dictate the game a bit at PL level.

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If teams like Leeds or Everton had him in their ranks then they would stand a better chance of survival.

Don't agree. Their squads aren't really the problem, more the management and tactics. Marv wouldn't change that and he wouldn't get in to their first teams anyway.

He's got some qualities and is a very nice guy, but let's not pretend he's something he's not. @Tom13 too, if he were prem quality, he wouldn't be on loan at Luton now looking like he belongs. At the very least he'd be bossing it there. 

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Don't agree. Their squads aren't really the problem, more the management and tactics. Marv wouldn't change that and he wouldn't get in to their first teams anyway.

He's got some qualities and is a very nice guy, but let's not pretend he's something he's not. @Tom13 too, if he were prem quality, he wouldn't be on loan at Luton now looking like he belongs. At the very least he'd be bossing it there. 

Erm...he is bossing it there. He's getting rave reviews from fans and his manager, many claiming he's been their best ever loan signing. What do you class as 'bossing it'?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's fine for a PL side who have no interest in having the ball.

He'd have been a mainstay of Dyche's Burnley or Pulis' Stoke and been very successful.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Erm...he is bossing it there. He's getting rave reviews from fans and his manager, many claiming he's been their best ever loan signing. What do you class as 'bossing it'?

image.png.42a1d884f4a2212b50e931d4aa956ef7.png

Bossing it means a lot more being good at tackling, IMO. We know he can read the game well defensively, but those in-possession stats are nowhere near good enough to play as a central midfielder in the prem. They never have been and they never will be. Luton fans do not have a frame of reference for this. We do. 

• Like 1

He never really got a proper run in the team especially at a time when he was looking pretty solid for us. It's no surprise he's doing well with regular football and I certainly wouldn't write him off as not being good enough for Prem. Good luck to him glad he's smashing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

image.png.42a1d884f4a2212b50e931d4aa956ef7.png

Bossing it means a lot more being good at tackling, IMO. We know he can read the game well defensively, but those in-possession stats are nowhere near good enough to play as a central midfielder in the prem. They never have been and they never will be. Luton fans do not have a frame of reference for this. We do. 

All I can come back with is that fans were saying how composed he was as well. But that's a really solid argument - fair enough 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

All I can come back with is that fans were saying how composed he was as well. But that's a really solid argument - fair enough 👍

Fair enough 👍

We're at a point now that is unfamiliar territory (certainly for me, but for most our fans I suspect too) where the players we're letting go/selling aren't good enough for us now but aren't actually particularly bad players, certainly compared to what we've witnessed over the years. 

• Like 2

I've no doubt Emery could improve the player massively, its probably not going to happen now as we have better players in his position, however i think he would have made him a much more composed player who can mix the combative quality he had with some ballplaying skills. Fwiw, it looks like he is enjoying himself at Luton massively and it would be a really good move for him to make it permanent.

Continuity is important in first season back in the prem, and CDM is one of the most important positions on the pitch. If you can kill 2 birds with one stone, why not make it happen? I'm happy for him tbh, he never said a bad word about us and gave his all

Guest av1
4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

We’re moving to a level higher than Nakamba, I would hope.

Agreed. 

He seems like a lovely kid though so I really hope he goes on to have a successful and happy career elsewhere. 

Edited by av1

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

We’re moving to a level higher than Nakamba, I would hope.

We are Brin.....but I wouldn't mind a quality player coming in with his ball winning talent.

He has a limited talent, but what he does well, some of our players can't.

I know, he has to go, but I will be sad to see, his defensive skills go too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed. 

He seems like a lovely kid though so I really hope he goes on to have a successful and happy career elsewhere. 

ditto.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Agreed. 

Absolutely and always gave us 100% when he got the chance. Glad he’s doing well.

• Like 1

Just read that since Marv went there they have only conceded 3 goals from open play. Of which 2 were goalie errors and the other was incorrectly ruled onside. And Rob Edwards is again calling him his favourite player on the planet. 

Got to love him. A great pro . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just read that since Marv went there they have only conceded 3 goals from open play. Of which 2 were goalie errors and the other was incorrectly ruled onside. And Rob Edwards is again calling him his favourite player on the planet. 

Got to love him. A great pro . 

Pleased for him. Hope it becomes permanent.

• Like 1

Â