Said Benrahma

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

How do you pronounce Benrahma? Does "Said Benrahma" fit to the tune of Ghetto Superstar / Islands in the Stream? If so <drum roll>

Said Benrahma,

Villa superstar,

From North Africa,

Via Griffin Park,

Came to play for us

In a better league

We can rely on each other, uh huh

Now he plays for Aston Villa, uh huh

If, on the other hand, his name does not scan, then I have wasted quite a lot of time on this, so apologies.

as much as I dont think these things ever take off or would ever be adopted by a crowd, that is a lovely effort there sir!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Next sum if we've managed to stay in the premier league then whilst we of course won't be above buying Championship players, I think in general we'll be looking at an highler calibre of player than we have done this transfer window, as we won't have to spread our money around as thinley. Could well be a case of now or never for Benrahma and Villa. I feel there's still a chance that it could happen, but not really getting my hopes up.

Benrahma may seem a costly addition, but an injury to Trezeguet or El Ghazi could make not buying Benrahma even more costly if that makes sense.

I like Jota but I don't see him as a 90 minute/38 games a season player, and I don't think Green's anywhere near good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Benrahma may seem a costly addition, but an injury to Trezeguet or El Ghazi could make not buying Benrahma even more costly if that makes sense.

I like Jota but I don't see him as a 90 minute/38 games a season player, and I don't think Green's anywhere near good enough. 

As a club, we have a transfer budget and every player has a price. If a selling club want too much - we move on. I think we'll bring one more wide player in, but it could be (for example) Maupay, who can play across the front 3. 

I don't think this is dead at all. Why should it be? We need him as well as Trezeguet. I think we'll get him before the window closes.

Edited by Mazrim

Man City and Liverpool both play without a traditional frontman, and over run the opposition with a talented, pacy and mobile goal scoring midfield.

I think this is our way forward under Smith. I would rather we buy Benrahma than another striker for this reason.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, useless said:

El Ghazi not involved again today, it's essential that we get another winger. Hopefully Benrahama.

must have really tweaked that hamstring in the shrewsbury warmup.....

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

must have really tweaked that hamstring in the shrewsbury warmup.....

It was only 4 days ago to be fair. 

Pre season is hard work, obviously. So tweaks are not unexpected. Maybe worry if we don't see him Saturday IMO. 

Another dcm which looks to be the marvellous one, another wide player in benrahma another forward in maupay and a keeper.

So a further 50 to 60 million I would guess, and shipping out BB HL Green RHM Hogan and possibly Kodja & klanic. They are all getting game time as at the moment there is no one else available switching sides at half time and puts them out there to other clubs.

To trim it down to players who are within the age range, the new policies and full of running and talent.

Only problem is next African cup possibly 4 or 5 missing and with south American cup our forward and dcm possibly going.

Oh to have such problems 🤣

Both maupay and benrahma can play anywhere in front 3 which is why I could see both coming and on smaller contracts initially and willing to be squad players in 1st team 18 each week.

Don't think this will happen. We need a goalie more. 

I think Trezeguet was our back up option when we didn't land Benrahma. It's unfortunate, but we can't put this much money into our wings when other spots need work. 

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Every time we sign a player somebody says "don't think this one will happen now".

Just saying. 

Yep, and then backs it up by saying we’ve already spent a lot of money and haven’t got much more to spend. When outside of the board and maybe Smith, no one knows how much we can spend 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Â