Said Benrahma

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Could say the same when Brentford signed him for about 3m quid. 

Probably because not as many knew about him playing in Ligue 2, and he still had to prove it in a tougher league.

He's now done that, I'm surprised there's not more movement around him. 

Just now, Junxs said:

Its no wonder Villa fans turn on their players so quick, hype them up to be amazing and turn on them if they cant quite get to those levels.

There is no way a single one of them is as good as Young was for us when we used to finish 6th every year. I'd be delighted if one of them could replicate what Young did for us, let alone 3/4 of them!

Young had the 2nd highest number of assists in the entire premier league over the length of time he was with us (only behind Fabregas)

Either you didn't rate Young that highly or you are massively overrating these 4

Ashley Young was a funny one. He was probably one of the best wingers in the league when he played for us so to say any of our wingers are better than him is farfetched for sure. 

But at the same time, I thought Young was a bit of a one-trick pony and our wingers have probably got more talent wise than he did. Young was basically just quick and had a decent cross on him with a few stepovers, if he came up against a half-decent defence he often went missing because he was a very limited player. Whereas someone like Benrahma seems to have much more to his game and is technically better, you could also say the same with El Ghazi, Jota and Trezeguet to an extent. I don't think Young would cope very well in a team that likes to pass and keep possession, which is probably why he's struggled at Man U and had to change his position to a full back just to get in the team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Young was a very good winger but that style of player isn't quite going to cut it anymore with modern systems, which is why he's been bit part at RB for years at Utd. Our current 4 will be better suited to our current system than Young would be.

Howeber, that aside, Young was a different class to all of these. Ecstatic if any of them can do for us what he did. They are miles away from his quality as it stands.

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Young was a very good winger but that style of player isn't quite going to cut it anymore with modern systems, which is why he's been bit part at RB for years at Utd. Our current 4 will be better suited to our current system than Young would be.

Howeber, that aside, Young was a different class to all of these. Ecstatic if any of them can do for us what he did. They are miles away from his quality as it stands.

? Eh ? Ashley 'played 41 times for utd last season and is club captain' young ?

Bit part player you say 🤔

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

? Eh ? Ashley 'played 41 times for utd last season and is club captain' young ?

Bit part player you say 🤔

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think he meant to say, bit part club 😀

i think he meant:

BiG part player

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Ashley Young was a funny one. He was probably one of the best wingers in the league when he played for us so to say any of our wingers are better than him is farfetched for sure. 

But at the same time, I thought Young was a bit of a one-trick pony and our wingers have probably got more talent wise than he did. Young was basically just quick and had a decent cross on him with a few stepovers, if he came up against a half-decent defence he often went missing because he was a very limited player. Whereas someone like Benrahma seems to have much more to his game and is technically better, you could also say the same with El Ghazi, Jota and Trezeguet to an extent. I don't think Young would cope very well in a team that likes to pass and keep possession, which is probably why he's struggled at Man U and had to change his position to a full back just to get in the team. 

This is what I meant, but couldn't be bothered to write all that to explain. You have saved me a job VFIN 👍🏻

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BennettVilla said:

Is he currently injured? Didn’t play on Saturday so....... if he’s not injured.......

Someone posted video of him doing personal training in Marrakesh the other day.  Think was speculation thread? Been injured since end of season but looks like he's fine in video

33 minutes ago, BennettVilla said:

Is he currently injured? Didn’t play on Saturday so....... if he’s not injured.......

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Someone posted video of him doing personal training in Marrakesh the other day.  Think was speculation thread? Been injured since end of season but looks like he's fine in video

He was injured, had ankle surgery after getting injured in the last game of the season.

He's currently in recovery, he's training bit isn't ready for a match yet, hence he hasn't played any pre season matches yet, but he is training.

Or he might be training and going somewhere else to discuss a move, who knows.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

This thread is priceless, a few unproven wingers are better than Ashley Young was or us

Young was banging abut 10/15 assists a season plus a good few goals

I agree, however I also agree that benrahma is a player with bags of potential!

Â