Said Benrahma

MaVilla

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

As I said in another thread, when I watched Brentford -WBA at Griffin Park Benrahma was the one who stood out. WBA had imo almost a Premier League class defence and Benrahma was a menence down the left all game, got the sense that something could happen everytime he got the ball or had space down the left. Looked a bit short, but compact and strong and full of running. On the contrary Maupay, who I watched a bit extra as we were linked with him, was anonymous the whole game, completely silenced byt the WBA back three. 

Whenever I watched Brentford this season he looked head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch. Really stood out. 

• Like 1

L'Équipe is basically the sporting equivalent of a broadsheet newspaper in France. No way they would just make this up.

Here's the full article (in French): https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Said-benrahma-brentford-veut-aller-a-aston-villa/1042673

My translation:

Saïd Benrahma (Brentford) wants to go to Aston Villa

Algerian international Saïd Benrahma (Brentford, English Championship) hopes to join Aston Villa, who have just been promoted to the Premier League and have tabled a transfer bid.

Promoted to the Premier League, the Birmingham club have already tabled an offer of around 16 M€ for the Algerian international forward. Under contract until June 2022 with the London club, the former Nice player wishes to join Aston Villa and hopes for a quick agreement over his transfer.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

L'Equipe is basically the sporting equivalent of a broadsheet newspaper in France. No way they would just make this up.

In the pre-internet days I used to love buying L'Equipe on French holidays. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Almost too good to be true. Could it be that we made that bid earlier in the window, Brentford declined and said £20M was the asking price, we moved on to Trezeguet, and now Benrahma is trying to force to move - but too late as we are closing in on Trezeguet instead?

L'Equipe was at least a couple of years ago a reliable paper, but they only say what Benrahma hopes, not what Brentford thinks, and that's most important. 

If the money is right then Brentford will sell. 

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

More room to make stuff up ?

No, there's no way they're making it up. Of course it might not happen, and it may just be Benrahma's agent agitating for something.

But unlike Alan Nixon at the Mirror, who literally invents transfer stories, I would be 99.9% certain that any transfer rumour in l'Équipe is the result of a genuine tip-off from an informed source.

Edited by KentVillan

Just now, KentVillan said:

No, there's no way they're making it up. Of course it might not happen, and it may just be Benrahma's agent agitating for something.

But unlike Alan Nixon at the Mirror, who literally invents transfer stories, I would be 99.9% certain that any transfer rumour in l'Équipe story is the result of a genuine tip-off from an informed source.

I don't doubt that there's substance to this because it just makes so much sense. I do doubt that broadsheets are  bastions of truth mind you.

I'd very much like this to be true however. Benrahma is quality.

• Like 1

Just now, PatrickCousens said:

Can't see us doing both this and Trezeguet - and that one looks imminent.

Sadly I'm here as well.

I think Trez was the backup that we're sensibly carrying out as we still need bodies.

I do think he may be cover for striker as well though, so Benrahma is possible. That's my hope anyway.

16 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

El Ghazi Trezeguet and Benrahma can all play either wing and Jota looks better through the middle so why not?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Is it that mad to have 4 wingers in the squad? Especially when Jota can cover in the middle, and Benrahma can cover up front (where we definitely look light).

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lol first thing I thought seeing graph was starfish

Spongebob to put out the cones now that Smith has proven capable of being kit washer. 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

L'Equipe is actually a reputable outlet unlike "getfootballnewsnow.net" or whatever it was for Leao.

The whatever it was for Leao was an article and why he would be a good signing for Villa.

I had to kick the thread off with something about the player - there was no real link to be found as it was not reported anywhere. I later in the thread posted that a bid had been placed to justify why I had posted the article to begin with, so to avoid the confusion of people like yourself thinking it was just nonsense.

I am not just going to kick off a thread with some Twitter post that prob has no substance to it or even typing one sentence saying "I am ITK and we've made a bid".

- Wether I agree with wether Benrahma will sign or not, I will not be kicking my toys out the pram in this thread based on a tweet, like we witnessed a few do in the Laeo thread.

Â