Said Benrahma

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Why I didn't want to get too excited about it all. It's likely the Trezeguet deal was pushed forward because of this then. 

I’m not so sure. The Trezeguet links have been around forever. 

I realise we need to strengthen in other areas as a priority but having 4 wingers, 2 of whom can play centrally to cover Grealish isn’t out of the question. 

I suspect this one will go down to the wire. He’s reportedly injured anyway so he doesn’t need to be brought in anytime soon. We can wait this one out and see what Brentford will accept on August 8th. 

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Have you played to a high level before then? 

i have played to a super high level.

...i didnt say what i was playing with though.....

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I realise we need to strengthen in other areas as a priority but having 4 wingers, 2 of whom can play centrally to cover Grealish isn’t out of the question. 

I suspect this one will go down to the wire. He’s reportedly injured anyway so he doesn’t need to be brought in anytime soon. We can wait this one out and see what Brentford will accept on August 8th. 

Generally Brentford’s prices don’t drop. They know exactly the figure that they will sell for and that’s what they’ll get. They’ve a well established plan for managing want-away players (they were doing bomb squads before we were) and they don’t respond well to players engineering moves. 

If we want him, we will have to meet their valuation one way or another. I guess it’s all about how the deal is structured. 

Of course, we don’t know for sure that any of the stories reported in the media are true. 

I'm pretty sure we knew that £14m wouldn't actually get him, It will take close to £20m at least. It's interesting to see that despite all this talk of Championship players leaving for £20m plus, none have gone for anywhere near that, so as we get closer to the close of the window, then we might start to see a few clubs realising that they might have to lower their asking prices, because realistically some of them will need the money.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

100% this.  They know he won't be ready for the start of the season, so what's the rush on getting a deal hashed out on our end?  

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

100% this.  They know he won't be ready for the start of the season, so what's the rush on getting a deal hashed out on our end?  

Precisely. The sooner we buy him, the sooner he gets what will be a hugely increased salary paid for by us.

Leave him where he is. On his £850 pw. Being paid by our feeder club bitches. 😂

8 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Watched his Insta story. Him and Maupay training away from others. Both got their phones out in training. Also thought Benrahma was injured? Guys doing **** scissor kicks

Hopefully they both throw a strop and end up joining us for a combined £30m fee. #freethebrentfordtwo

32 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Trezeguet signed. Think this one is dead now. 

I disagree. I think Smith wants options and depth, not just for rotation purposes but also the ability to change games off the bench. Each of AEG, Jota, Trez and Benrahma offer something slightly different and would provide pretty handy flexibility. 

Imagine being a goal down and being able to take El Ghazi off in the 60th minute and replace him with Benrahma instead of Glenn Whelan... 

28 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Watched his Insta story. Him and Maupay training away from others. Both got their phones out in training. Also thought Benrahma was injured? Guys doing **** scissor kicks

He's in recovery, so training but likely a bit behind the others fitness wise.

How do you pronounce Benrahma? Does "Said Benrahma" fit to the tune of Ghetto Superstar / Islands in the Stream? If so <drum roll>

Said Benrahma,

Villa superstar,

From North Africa,

Via Griffin Park,

Came to play for us

In a better league

We can rely on each other, uh huh

Now he plays for Aston Villa, uh huh

If, on the other hand, his name does not scan, then I have wasted quite a lot of time on this, so apologies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â