Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

It's Paqueta. To be fair he does make up for it by scoring a last minute penalty!

I rate Paqueta but he has to shoot with his right there after the miscontrol! Maybe the miscontrol ruined his confidence on that foot though 😂

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Is he suspended for Saturday? 

No but if he picks up one more booking on Saturday will be banned for two games I think.

• Thanks 1

He’s so frustrating giving away free kicks in silly areas. Happened twice in fairly quick succession last night - one for a booking for him, then one for a goal.

Happens regularly enough (I suppose this is why he has as many bookings as he does!) and, while there’s always room for a cynical foul, he needs to be a bit smarter with them IMO. 

If we beat Brentford at the weekend, it might not be the worst time for him to pick up that two game suspension. With McGinn back he'd miss an Arsenal game which is going to be very difficult anyway and a Bournemouth game where we'd be able to field McGinn, Tielemans, Ramsey and Rogers (or maybe Iroegbunam).

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

How did he do last night? Only caught the last 20-30. Did Rodri dominate?

Poor by his standards, gave away silly fouls, not very controlling when in possession and missed a great chance to make it 2-2. 

In his defence, Tim is limited and it can't be easy having to partner him in midfield against the likes of City 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If we beat Brentford at the weekend, it might not be the worst time for him to pick up that two game suspension. With McGinn back he'd miss an Arsenal game which is going to be very difficult anyway and a Bournemouth game where we'd be able to field McGinn, Tielemans, Ramsey and Rogers (or maybe Iroegbunam).

He only needs to get through the Brentford game without getting booked and that is then the 32 game cut off for 10 yellows resulting in a 2 game suspension. After Saturday he'd then have to get to 15 yellow cards before end of the season before receiving a suspension. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah Tim did well off the ball and when he had it but he never really made himself available as an option. Which is why Dougie and Kamara work so well together. 

5 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He only needs to get through the Brentford game without getting booked and that is then the 32 game cut off for 10 yellows resulting in a 2 game suspension. After Saturday he'd then have to get to 15 yellow cards before end of the season before receiving a suspension. 

In that case then, tell him we'll take his playstation off him for a week if he gets booked!

• Haha 2

I think he's had some unwarranted stick recently, regardless of the slight drop off in form. If it had been him getting sent off instead of McGinn the other week he'd still be getting all the stick imo. Meanwhile McGinn get's lauded as 'Super'. People shouldn't forget how good Dougie's been this season. He's weighed in with a very good portion of goals, assists and has carried the midfield an awful lot of times, especially in the absence of Kamara and the last few weeks with McGinn. Timmy didn't give him much of an outlet either last night which is why our midfield got overran. I think he's been in the main fantastic this season. Played more than anyone else in the squad other than probably Ollie too, that says everything about the lad.  

The stat that we'd played more injury time than any other team this season, what was it.... something like an additional 3 games if you add it all together. Dougie has dragged this team through much of that.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Dunno about that, McGinn's had plenty of criticism for that red

Not really. IIRC there were arguments for a good few days over how harsh it was on him. The fans even cheered him off the pitch at the time. I'm sure Dougie wouldn't have had that. He get's pelters for seeing Lehman after games if he's made a mistake like that's the problem.  

Anyway I'm not trying to be negative on McGinn just highlight the fact Dougie has carried this team much of the season yet gets more criticism than others. 

Â